Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO Evergreen Declined

tag
YoungMoney06
Frequent Contributor

FNBO Evergreen Declined

SOOOOO.... this is a serious head scratcher.

Early December, I applied for the FNBO Evergreen credit card... preapproved for $13.2k - completed application and got a message citing more time needed.

Two weeks later, was asked to submit additional documentation. Done. Submitted.

Waited another two weeks- then a denial letter. The reason: identifying information does not verify.

OOOOOOOOKKKKKKKK... call their customer service just now, spoke to one rep: "we can't disclose what identifying information didn't verify." Asked for escalation... sent to a manager... same response "we can't disclose what identifying information didn't verify."

So what you're telling me is you denied me and can't exactly tell me why. No underwriters, no other help. Just a "we're sorry for the hard inquiry, but we can't approved because identifying information didn't verify."

Aside from my Amtrak FNBO credit card... this has got to be the worse response I've ever received from FNBO. Anyone ever had this issue???

My Wallet (Updated Sept 2023):
Store Cards:

Major Cards:

In Timeout:

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Bill77
Regular Contributor

Re: FNBO Evergreen Declined

Crazy explanation considering you already have their Amtrak card.  I'm sure they have no problem indentifying you when that bill is due.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Similar issue two months ago!

Funny thing ... been an FBNO Cardholder for years.

Unfortunately I took a hard inquiry on an Evergreen Pre-Approve. Refused to provide the information and the application disappeared but the hard inquiry stayed (my bad).
Message 3 of 8
Drifter73
Frequent Contributor

I apped for my FNBO Evergreen in Dec 2022 as well and approved.

I also have a previous co-branded relationship as well, but with the FNBO BestWestern MC.

I did recall that when I talked to the rep on my co-branded card that it was an FNBO underwriter and not a BW underwriter, so I made sure that when I apped for the Evergreen that all my information matched exactly how I apped for the BW since the same underwriting department would probably be reviewing it.

I was instantly approved online after the prequalify and they never called to verify anything for the Evergreen like they did the BW.

My guess is something on your Evergreen app didnt match the co-branded Amtrak app which flagged it. If your Amtrak also had the same FNBO underwriting like my BW did, conflicting apps could have concerned them.

They may also treat 5 figure limits a bit different than 4 figure limits like mine was. Having a bit tighter requirements for yours.

Message 4 of 8
WowCool
Frequent Contributor

Same thing about few months back, preapproved for the Green card, then got more time needed, then couple weeks

later, denied, cant verify info...hard pull for nodda

. Thought perhaps it was because I had my VPN on when I applied. 

Usually turn it off when I apply for a card but 4 got this time. But who knows! 

Message 5 of 8
YoungMoney06
Frequent Contributor

The Amtrak card was actually a transfer-in from BOA when FNBO took over Amtrak's portfolio from them. All of the information on the application was accurate. Only thing I could figure is the annual salary I put in is reflective of my new job I started back in August 2022... and the 1040 provided to them is indicative of the "lesser" annual salary I was making at my previous job.

But who knows, I wished I could've spoke to an UW to explain the situation but CSR's said there was no way. I see there's an FNBO backdoor number, so may give that a shot my next chance I get.

My Wallet (Updated Sept 2023):
Store Cards:

Major Cards:

In Timeout:

Message 6 of 8
fury1995
Valued Contributor

@YoungMoney06 wrote:

The Amtrak card was actually a transfer-in from BOA when FNBO took over Amtrak's portfolio from them. All of the information on the application was accurate. Only thing I could figure is the annual salary I put in is reflective of my new job I started back in August 2022... and the 1040 provided to them is indicative of the "lesser" annual salary I was making at my previous job.

But who knows, I wished I could've spoke to an UW to explain the situation but CSR's said there was no way. I see there's an FNBO backdoor number, so may give that a shot my next chance I get.

That's probably it. Have you updated your profile with FBNO since your card transitioned from BOA by chance? You should take a look at what your information looks like on your existing account such as specific contact information and income (last reported). Sometimes when an account is transferred from one lender to another, the data names from the sending fields may not match the data names on the receiving fields in their systems. 

August 28, 2023 FICO 8

August 28, 2023 FICO BankCard 8

August 28, 2023 FICO Auto 8

citi-costco-ImgurCiti-Double-Cash
Message 7 of 8
Larrypatty
Valued Member

Have had an Evergreen for 17 months and apllied for the getaway card. Got the letter stating identifying information does not verify. I called and got the same stupid response. She said feel free to apply again. Idiots. Makes a lot of sense. They won't give me a reason and yet want me to waste another hard inquiry. ughh. 

Earlier this week also got a letter from USBANK. Stating the same thing about verification. I called and the guy stated he couldn't take the phone number. He put me on hold for a min and came back saying he'll send it to underwritting. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.