cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FNBO Rewards Pre-Qual App Data Points (UPDATE: DENIED)

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: FNBO Rewards Pre-Qual App Data Points (UPDATE: DENIED)

@Crowhelm wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So is this card legit?

i got pre-approved for 15K.  

im done gardening and going to apply for 2 new cards.  id prefer if this was one because of the high limit, but the lender seems sketchy to me

It's legit to my wife and me. The most used card we have just because it is unlimited everything. Since then we both got the Citi Custom Cash and my wife got the Freedom Flex. So it will get a bit less use now but still a solid card. Pre-approval was exactly what I got. And they don't flinch making 5k+ purchases which is great.

Just to clarify, it is not a pre-approval portal, it is a pre-qualification tool by FNBO (it clearly states it on the website). So, while you and your spouse were able to get approved, plenty of folks did not -- just read further upthread since lots of folks also reported their denials -- along with other separate posts in the Applications section.  So, not to belabor the point, it is not 100% guaranteed. An individual's overall profile will determine the outcome.

Message 301 of 331
Anonymous
Not applicable

to be clear, not asking if the pre-qual is legit, asking if the bank/lender is legit.  until this promo, ive never heard of them

Message 302 of 331
disney2
Regular Contributor

They are legit. My husband had their card  for many years with no issues. 

Message 303 of 331
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

to be clear, not asking if the pre-qual is legit, asking if the bank/lender is legit.  until this promo, ive never heard of them

Yes, the First National Bank of Omaha is a legit financial institution that issues cards under their subsidiary FirstBankcard.

From their website:

FNBO is a leading credit card issuer with over 250 financial institutions, co-brand, and affinity partners nationwide.

Message 304 of 331
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also was approved today for $15k after the pre-approval for the same amount.  They said I would receive the credit card agreement in the mail in 7-10 days, Just curious from your experience if I'm going to receive a request for W-2s and SS in the mail? Or did I seem to dodge that requirement?

Message 305 of 331
Anonymous
Not applicable

not a fan of the, currently. Have had a credit card app for a card I was approved for the same limit sit in pending for 3 weeks now. They "mailed" me a letter and I havent gotten it. They wont tell me what it is thats needed/ send a new letter. 

Kinda put a bad taste in my mouth. 

Message 306 of 331
lgtwriter
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous Just to give you data points, I was instantly approved for 15k FNBO at 18.something interest and I did not get that notice that you got. I got an email saying my card would arrive in 7-10 business days. No mention of credit card agreement. I got my card about 5 days later.

Message 307 of 331
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lgtwriter    Thanks, I did eventually receive the email saying my card will arrive in 7-10 days. I was just nervous because as someone who is self-employed that W2 ask would've likely resulted in a wasted hard pull.

Message 308 of 331
raisemysc0re
Established Contributor

Just did the Pre-Qual link and was preapproved for 15K @ 14.99%

Is 15K their max limit per card as most people here are seeing that?

I don't think I'll pull the trigger as I already have a couple of 2% cardsunless this is a card that will grow.

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
Starting Scores (06/2016):

Current Fico8 Scores (Updated 10/24/23):

Current Fico9 Scores (Updated 10/24/23):

Message 309 of 331
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@raisemysc0re wrote:

Just did the Pre-Qual link and was preapproved for 15K @ 14.99%

Is 15K their max limit per card as most people here are seeing that?

I don't think I'll pull the trigger as I already have a couple of 2% cardsunless this is a card that will grow.

@raisemysc0re There have been a few members who have reported being pre-qualified and then subsequently approved higher than $15K. If you already have your bases covered with a couple of 2% cashback cards, then you'd be spreading yourself thin on redemption thresholds (depending which cards you already have).

Message 310 of 331
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.