cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fifth 3rd, is this a approval confirmation?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fifth 3rd, is this a approval confirmation?

So I just applied for this card and got this email, 

but when I call customer service, they don't tell me anything.

However, I am seeing some people get denials after this?

Fifth Third Bank

New Account Confirmation

Thank you for applying for a TRIO® Credit Card. Your new account information is listed below for your reference.

TRIO® Credit Card Account Open Date 12/20/2018

If you have any questions about your new account, please contact your local banker or call 855-511-2881.

Thank you for choosing Fifth Third Bank.

Member FDIC

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fifth 3rd, is this a approval confirmation?

I opened a Trio and a Truly Simple from a targeted offer.  That was my confirmation page. I never received any other kind of message.  I called to ask for my limit and Customer Service was able to provide it over the phone prior to my receiving the card.

in my experience it was an approval...twice.

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, thanks for the info!
I’ve called customer service and they won’t give me CL info..
Message 3 of 14
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Ok, thanks for the info!
I’ve called customer service and they won’t give me CL info..

If you have a branch near you, you can go in, they will give you the CL in person. 

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunatley I don't have a branch near me..

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not necessarily an approval based on another recent thread with the same situation. Still give it hope and wait it out.
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received the same email from fifth third Bank for the trio credit card, Did you get approved
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have not received anything saying that it was declined, so just have to wait and see..

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got a email... Thank you for applying for a Trio credit card.your new account information is listed below for your reference.Trio credit card account open date 12/21/2018 .If you have any question about your new account please contact your local banker or call 1855 number. Is this a approval or a denial... Won't give information over the phone
Message 9 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous, you'll just have to wait until you receive confirmation on the outcome of the application.

In the past, those emails were usually indicative of an approval. However, those tend to be more boilerplate messages these days.

If you receive a letter in the mail indicating the 'price of credit' then you should be receiving the CC shortly after. Otherwise, unless they request for additional information, it'll be a decline.
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.