Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fifth Third Bank

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fifth Third Bank

New Account Confirmation

Thank you for applying for a TRIO® Credit Card. Your new account information is listed below for your reference.

TRIO® Credit Card Account Open Date 01/07/2019

If you have any questions about your new account, please contact your local banker or call 855-511-2881.

Thank you for choosing Fifth Third Bank.

Member FDIC

This e-mail is being sent in response to a request you made to receive information on our products or services, or in response to a request for information related to your account. This e-mail transmission contains information that is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If you believe there has been fraudulent activity on your account, please contact a Fifth Third Customer Service Professional by calling 1-877-833-6197. Please do not copy or disseminate this email in any manner. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying distribution or use of content of this information is prohibited.

Could this possibly be an approval? I called the rep and she stated this is what everyone receives once it goes to underwriting I applied for the card on 1/6/19 any input is appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Fifth Third Bank

Just wait it out until you get confirmation through the mail. Typically, if approved, you'll receive the notice of the price you pay for credit; and subsequently in the next few days, your card will arrive.

The above email message is pretty much now a standard template for a variety of applications that are subject to UW review so it can be 50/50 OP.

ETA: below is a link to a similar thread by another forum member:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Fifth-3rd-is-this-a-approval-confirmation/...
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP - what were your scores when you applied, and which bureau did they pull?

Message 3 of 7
SFLSpotter9210
Valued Contributor

They pull strictly TU only in Florida. I have both their cards the Trio, and Truly Sinple. Both were instant approvals. Both started out with 5k and 6 months later they gave me a CLI to 10k on Trio. That was probably due to my spending. I was hovering around my limit on Trio every month and paying in full a few days before due date. My scores were from CK low 700 high 600 something. Problem is I wasn’t a member on here so not sure what my Fico 8 score was. Good luck with your App 😎.
NFCU Flagship 32,500 | Penfed PowerCash 8,750 | PENFED GOLD 12,500 | PenFed PL 20,000 | NFCU AMEX Rewards 37,500 | NFCU GoRewards 7,000 | FNBO VISA SIGNATURE 9,400 | Capital One Quicksilver 6,300 | Lowe’s 34,500 | Wells Fargo Propel 19,700 | Barclay Apple1k | Citi Rewards+ 12,100 | Citi Double Cash 14,800 | Citi Simplicity 7,000 | PNC Core VISA 22,500 | USAA AMEX 10,000 | Discover 17,000 | BB&T Rewards 4,500 | BB&T Bright Card 4,500 | GS Apple 6,000 | Chevron 2,500 | Fico 8 Scores EQ=757 | EX=760 | TU=771scores and CL current as of 08/22/22 AAoA years 6 months | AoOA=18yrs
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone able to advise if Fifth Third routinely offers BTs to exisiting cardmembers? I am trying to steer my sockdrawered cards to those that do vs. those that never offer balance transfers ceteris paribus.

Message 5 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Can anyone able to advise if Fifth Third routinely offers BTs to exisiting cardmembers? I am trying to steer my sockdrawered cards to those that do vs. those that never offer balance transfers ceteris paribus.

IME, they do.  So, aside from the initial BT offer with the approval, 5/3 tends to send these from time to time.  Of course, this would largely depend on which profiles they prefer or target for such periodic BT offers.

Message 6 of 7
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

IME, they do.  So, aside from the initial BT offer with the approval, 5/3 tends to send these from time to time.  Of course, this would largely depend on which profiles they prefer or target for such periodic BT offers.

+1 get BT checks on various parts of the year
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.