Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fifth Third Trio denied

tag
tk-2018
Valued Member

Fifth Third Trio denied

So I just got my rejection for the Fifth Third Trio card was hoping for a decent approval to get rid of some low end cards that I no longer want.
They pulled my Transunion which they pulled a 740 their rejection reason was for too many inquiries . Anyone had any success with a recon with them?
Chapter 7 6/22.
Fico 8's As of Jan. 15, 2023:

Verge 750

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Fifth Third Trio denied

Unfortunately, Firth Third is not known for reconsiderations OP.

Are there other reasons listed anywhere on the letter that provide an indication why your profile/score did not meet their criteria?
Message 2 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

OP

you might try some Pre-Qual Sites

Amex

Discover

Citibank

US Bank

Chase if under 5/24

capitol One (3 Hp's if you actually apply)

Message 3 of 13
tk-2018
Valued Member

Nope that was only reason for their denial then of course it shows the reasons my score is adversely affected but that’s their only reason they listed .
Chapter 7 6/22.

Verge 750

Message 4 of 13
tk-2018
Valued Member

I have had zero success with capital one I assume it’s due to equifax still not removing the stuff that I disputed on all three which the other two bureaus already removed
Chapter 7 6/22.

Verge 750

Message 5 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

understand, Capitol One doesnt like me either, depending where your at?

US Bank Usually Pulls TransUnion

some others might give you some guidance as well

Message 6 of 13
tk-2018
Valued Member

I have a few recent inquiries from a new car loan and was house shopping but ran into a snag basically going to wait a year to get a higher approval amount
Chapter 7 6/22.

Verge 750

Message 7 of 13
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@tk-2018 wrote:
Nope that was only reason for their denial then of course it shows the reasons my score is adversely affected but that’s their only reason they listed .

What's present on EQ that's not on the other two? 

Message 8 of 13
tk-2018
Valued Member

A charged off auto loan and 8 student loans reporting a late payment each which is incorrect working to still try and get them removed
Chapter 7 6/22.

Verge 750

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the 5/3 Truly Simple card on 4/17/19. I later read here how difficult it is to get their Trio card.
I got a preapproval letter two weeks later for the Trio Card. My scores were nowhere near yours, but I decided to go ahead and phone in my pre-approval information anyway. I got the message that I would receive a response in 7 to 10 days and forgot about it. I knew I had too many inquiries; a too low credit score and not long enough credit history so I let it go.
I went onto the Fifth Third website to look at my account
yesterday and -lo and behold- exactly one month to the day of my first approval I have been approved for their Trio card! I'm still not quite believing it. It seems they use no rhyme or reason and no logic in deciding who gets their Trio card. I'm not complaining, just the opposite. But it just makes no sense that some with better scores got rejected and I got approved. Any ideas?
(Oh yeah, I forgot... yipeee!)
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.