Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FirstTech FCU Odyssey Rewards Card

tag
audioman00
Regular Contributor

FirstTech FCU Odyssey Rewards Card

Hi all,

Thinking about taking a HP for this card, but a little concerned about possible decline due to high min SL of $25k. Approved for membership / savings last month via SP.

DPs 

EX FICO8 785

AAoA 10 yr

Inquiries 1/12

New Accts 2/12

Utl 13% 

Income $132k

Accounts 20

Thoughts? Too risky? Too many accounts for them?

Anyone know if they do prequal across products like NFCU? (My recent HP came from NFCU in March for $25k Flagship which was successful).

Much obliged for your thoughts. Will post results if I go through with it!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: FirstTech FCU Odyssey Rewards Card

@audioman00 wrote:

Hi all,

Thinking about taking a HP for this card, but a little concerned about possible decline due to high min SL of $25k. Approved for membership / savings last month via SP.

DPs 

EX FICO8 785

AAoA 10 yr

Inquiries 1/12

New Accts 2/12

Utl 13% 

Income $132k

Accounts 20

Thoughts? Too risky? Too many accounts for them?

Anyone know if they do prequal across products like NFCU? (My recent HP came from NFCU in March for $25k Flagship which was successful).

Much obliged for your thoughts. Will post results if I go through with it!

@audioman00 

I'd advise you to do a search of these forums for reviews on First Tech. It appears they are a very conservative lender and will likely decline you if you existing aggregate revolving credit exceeds your annual income.  See this thread  and this thread for discussion.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gee I didn't realize there ws so much interest in this CU until now and had to check them out, it's not often that CU's with branches locally are discussed here. Given my total CL's I would likely not be approved based on the few DP's I've read, which in all honesty doesn't bother me.

Until I saw that they offer a Trail Blazers Master Card!

A friend of mind would really dig this, and he likely qualifies more than I do.

Message 3 of 4
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Gee I didn't realize there ws so much interest in this CU until now and had to check them out, it's not often that CU's with branches locally are discussed here. Given my total CL's I would likely not be approved based on the few DP's I've read, which in all honesty doesn't bother me.

Until I saw that they offer a Trail Blazers Master Card!

A friend of mind would really dig this, and he likely qualifies more than I do.

With your aggregate limits you''d be close to the edge.    To some extent it's YMMV but they don't normally approve applicants that already have more than total combined CL of $150K-$250K. 

(5/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.