Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forgot to unfreeze one credit bureau and was denied Capital One Venture

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Forgot to unfreeze one credit bureau and was denied Capital One Venture

I was applying for this card becuase of the 0% foreign fees as I will be traveling abroud this spring. I thought all of the credit bureaus were unfrozen, so when I applied for Venture I was denied. I have between 838-850 credit score and have 0 late payments and nothing negative. My debt ratio is 1%. I wrote them a letter several weeks ago explaining about the credit agency and havent heard anything back. I was able to get another card with no foreign fees, but I really wanted their bonus offer. Do you think they will look into my letter?

thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Forgot to unfreeze one credit bureau and was denied Capital One Venture

Unfortunately you will have to unfreeze all three and take the 3 HPs. Capital One doesn’t do recon or reuse HPs. 

Message 2 of 5
wasCB14
Super Contributor

I got a Savor in Feb with a frozen EQ. My case was not unique.

I'll provide a link once I'm on a desktop. Approval was not instant and the card took a while to arrive, but I did nothing to contact them.

* https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Apparent-Cap1-2x-pull-not-3x-approval/td-p/55...

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 3 of 5
LittleSal
Frequent Contributor

99% of the time you must reapply. Cap One probably won’t respond to your letter.

Sorry
Message 4 of 5
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was applying for this card becuase of the 0% foreign fees as I will be traveling abroud this spring. I thought all of the credit bureaus were unfrozen, so when I applied for Venture I was denied. I have between 838-850 credit score and have 0 late payments and nothing negative. My debt ratio is 1%. I wrote them a letter several weeks ago explaining about the credit agency and havent heard anything back. I was able to get another card with no foreign fees, but I really wanted their bonus offer. Do you think they will look into my letter?

thanks

Did the denial letter say you were denied because they weren't able to pull your report? If yes, at least it wasn't a HP. Just unfreeze reports and reapply.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.