Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freedom Unlimited

tag
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

Re: Freedom Unlimited UPDATE

Received a message that my application for the Freedom Unlimited was denied and that a letter would be forwarded explaining why.  My scores with all 3 CBs are over 800, no baddies - just wondering what their reason for denial could possibly be.  I was quite surprised.  Will have to wait for the letter; hope they send it fast.

I have been in the garden, but if they did a hard pull, will have to go back to a seedling.  Now wishing I had not applied.

January 2018 Scores - EQ 797 | TU 800 | EX 798 | ~~Started Gardening Again on March 21, 2017
Message 11 of 21
driftless
Valued Contributor

I am really surprised that you were denied since already have Ink. I would also be interested in knowing the reason for your denial.

I am beginning to think that you need a pre-qualified before you app for a Chase product.  Smiley Wink

CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 12 of 21
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

I will let y'all no what the letter says.  I am very curious.

January 2018 Scores - EQ 797 | TU 800 | EX 798 | ~~Started Gardening Again on March 21, 2017
Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@IncrsCreditScore wrote:

Have you added 5 or more cards in the last 2 years?

Message 14 of 21
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@IncrsCreditScore wrote:

Have you added 5 or more cards in the last 2 years?

You know, Irish, that may be it.  I hadn't even thought of that.  I started to credit repair and rebuilding a little over two years ago.  I will have to check my spreadsheet.

Message 15 of 21
driftless
Valued Contributor

Ahhh, 5/24, how could I have forgotten about that!
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Freedom Unlimited

It appears obvious what the letter is you will receive;but please update;what it says.
Message 17 of 21
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

You called it, Irish.  Granddaughter brought in mail shortly after I responded to your message.  The Chase letter was in the mail.  It stated:  Too many credit cards opened in the last 2 years.  Checked my spreadsheet and it verified that I have opened 6 new credit cards since February 2015.  Wish I had remembered to check that before I applied.  Seemed to be not clearly thinking about the whole thing.  So cannot apply for a Chase card for quite some time. 

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats a bummer. I wonder if I too will receive a denial. I applied online and was hoping for an instant approval. I opened 4 new cards in the last two years. Two of which are Chase. We just bought a new home and I was hoping to take advantage of the 0% Interest offer to make su=ome purchases for our new home. I received a 30 day notice. Is that often a denial or leaning toward approval? Fico is just under 700 for all.

Message 19 of 21
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

You will more than likely be okay.  But, I guess, with Chase you never know.  Let us know what happens.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.