Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOOD STARTER CARD FOR AMEX

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GOOD STARTER CARD FOR AMEX

On the online prequalify for Amex, what score or fico score is used for prequalify/preapproval(no amex account)?
Message 21 of 32
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

You say you want to garden but you still want to prequal and apply if prequal’d? This sounds like a gambling addiction.

Let me ask you, if Chase shuts down your whole account, is this worth it? If you are churning for points and don’t care is one thing. If you aren’t, consider what you are actually doing.
Message 22 of 32
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

It should not matter right now bud, didn’t you get shot down twice within the last couple of months? Amex has their own internal scoring model they use in addition to whatever FICO version they use. Just follow the advice of every one that has commented and stop for quite a while (I’d recommend at least one year)

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 23 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@randomguy1
I'm asking for general knowledge of amex in general. I'm gardening till at least next summer. I talk to people in person and give them knowledge of what I already know and what I've learned from here. But thanks for the response.
Message 24 of 32
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Amex uses EX fico8, but has been known to doublepull TU.

Message 25 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brian_Earl_Spilner
That for new apps or preapproval/prequalify?
Message 26 of 32
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
@Brian_Earl_Spilner
That for new apps or preapproval/prequalify?

They use EX for everything and supplement with additional bureaus when required. Their prequal is solid, but a lot of people just cold app. I cold apped 5 times before being approved. Never pre-approved. 

Message 27 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds good thanks for the info!
Message 28 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shockingly got my foot in the door with the ED card.

Message 29 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@513credit

Why do you say shockingly?
Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.