Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Georgia's Own asks for REFERENCES?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Georgia's Own asks for REFERENCES?

AOD asked for references. Neither of my roommates have received a call from them (figured it was best to use people who actually have knowledge of my creditworthiness since both of them have AU cards from me). Wasn't really a big deal. 

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Now I'm acquainted with old fashioned, like paper-app old fashioned. But not "please provide 3 references" old fashioned. 

I was interested in joining Georgia's Own FCU because it was formerly Georgia Telco and my being in telecom. 

But what in the world? I don't want them to bug my friends because I just want another CC. Does anyone know if they call on each app? 

Well, come on, how else are they going to know?   it's not as if there are agencies out there that record your credit history.   And personal references are absolutely secure!

Legit question - I could challenge you on if most CC issuers verify income, too, but we just won't talk about that. Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 15
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous       The funny thing is I don't remember them doing that for me when I opened my account/card years back, so may be new?!      But since they are a local CU maybe they are just being more safe during this time as well with COVID and all...who knows but they have been very nice to me so treat them well they will you or Rub their back they will Rub your back scenario I suppose XD

Message 13 of 15
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Gmood1 wrote:

@Anonymous 

This used to be a very common practice back in the day.

Some of the smaller FIs still do this.

I provided references for AOD FCU.

As well as others over the years. Not a big deal IMHO. They don't usually call your references, unless you skip town paying them. 😆

Yup, UNFCU and a few others that I joined asked for similar information 🤷‍♂️

Message 14 of 15
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

I just had to provide 2 personal, and at least 1 banking references to buy a Lexus.

"Does he seem like a Lexus guy? We really only want to sell to Lexus people. If he's more an Acura of Infiniti guy, and just settling on Lexus, we'd be uncomfortable selling to him". 

I figured it had more to do with me coming in looking like a bum because I didn't expect to buy that day. I don't even remember the last time I was asked for references when buying a car. Chase didn't ask when I bought my Mazda in 2018.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.