Did you mean: 

Good luck to all you AMEX app'ers!

tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Good luck to all you AMEX app'ers!

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm stuck right now. 

I fear having too many inquries on my Experian at the moment, but I'm really contemplating on doing the Everyday for backdating. Would it make any difference if I wanted untl next January since I just got my PRG in Dec of last year (2014)? 

If your backdate is only 1 year, I wouldn't do it just to do it. Only do it if you need the card. My backdate is a lot more than 1 year and will benefit my profile... it doesn't make sense for everyone to app in January just most. People just forming their foundation of their profile it doesn't make much sense to do it. So if you don't have a definite need.. hold off.

Message 31 of 111
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Kenny wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Kenny wrote:
Well, got my apps out the way and can firmly plant my roots in the garden. PRG and Everyday card were both insta-approved so that's great. Everyday was only for 5k, but that's quite alright as I don't need a great huge limit on that card. 5k definitely suits my needs. (It's also more than the 2k Delta I had closed this month in preparation for this app!) GL everyone else!

Did you get 25k offer for prg or the elusive 50k offer?

25k for 2k spend. It's quite alright. Wasn't holding out for any special offer, I've given up on those. Smiley Happy Just needed the backdate more than anything. Will close the PRG probably after the Small Business Saturday next year. Smiley Happy

Nice i am holding off on my amex apps till jan 2016 , i am going to probably app for spg and maybe an charge. BTW when you did PRG/ED did you only get one pull ? Staying away from amex and chase for 2015, thats the plan at least but who knows if i can follow thru on that plan. 

Not sure.. I'll find out at 3 when I do my triple puller. I'm hoping just one, but believing that it will be 2. We shall see. 

Honestly, I have no need for credit apps in 2015. The only thing I might possibly do is trade in my vehicle wayyyy later in the year for a smaller/more affordable vehicle. (And even then, I won't use a HP since I've got a preapproval sitting in DCU inbox.) We shall see. My goal is no credit card apps in 2015. I really do want to garden for a while.

Message 32 of 111
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Kenny wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Kenny wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Kenny wrote:
Well, got my apps out the way and can firmly plant my roots in the garden. PRG and Everyday card were both insta-approved so that's great. Everyday was only for 5k, but that's quite alright as I don't need a great huge limit on that card. 5k definitely suits my needs. (It's also more than the 2k Delta I had closed this month in preparation for this app!) GL everyone else!

Did you get 25k offer for prg or the elusive 50k offer?

25k for 2k spend. It's quite alright. Wasn't holding out for any special offer, I've given up on those. Smiley Happy Just needed the backdate more than anything. Will close the PRG probably after the Small Business Saturday next year. Smiley Happy

Nice i am holding off on my amex apps till jan 2016 , i am going to probably app for spg and maybe an charge. BTW when you did PRG/ED did you only get one pull ? Staying away from amex and chase for 2015, thats the plan at least but who knows if i can follow thru on that plan. 

Not sure.. I'll find out at 3 when I do my triple puller. I'm hoping just one, but believing that it will be 2. We shall see. 

It will be interesting to see if people are getting signle or double pulls for their Charge/Revolver apps. If stars aling properly for me i can do spg/plat in jan 2016, the one thing i am worried about is if spg has an 35k+ signup bonus and plat has 100k + one , i may have to jump in early :-(. I will try and be patient. The only card i am planning on going for is possibly boa alaska air if 50k rolls around again. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 33 of 111
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

I want to ask something off the topic

How do a lot people find sweet and nice sign up offers from websites other than Amex official website? I think I miss some bonus because I didn't know about this Smiley Sad

In sequence of approval, Last app/inquiry 5/30/2015
Message 34 of 111
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Christina_xyt wrote:
I want to ask something off the topic

How do a lot people find sweet and nice sign up offers from websites other than Amex official website? I think I miss some bonus because I didn't know about this Smiley Sad

well since you have an amex card already i won't hold your breath on getting an amex signup bonus thats not the standard one that everybody gets. As far as other CCC goes you have to look around blogs and FT they usually announce when good signup bonuses are around. 

In my particular example i found out about citi aa and usairways 50k bonuses that way. Saving those miles for an nice trip to thailand again on Cathay business. 

Message 35 of 111
chalupaman
Super Contributor

On second thought, think I change my mind and not gonna bother right now. If those offers come around next year though, I think I'll be able to get much more out of backdating that way. 

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 36 of 111
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm pretty sure i'm going to wait until 2016 for my next AMEX.

Message 37 of 111
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

@mong

Can you give me an example? Like where to look exactly? I heard some people get $250 sign up for spending the same amount.. I feel that I got a very **bleep** deal Smiley Sad

In sequence of approval, Last app/inquiry 5/30/2015
Message 38 of 111
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here. 

I am going to chicken out this time. 

I had an AAoA  (and oldest account) of 6 months a few weeks ago before I went on my mini app spree. I got two new credit cards on Dec 4, so that's probably wrecked down to 3 (or worse) months of AAoA. I'm just gonna let my PRG age with me, put as many charges as I can on it, and then app for the Everyday next year before the AF kicks in on my PRG. That way I will have a nice credit limit and can still keep my foot in the door with AMEX. Not to mention if I got a second AMEX, that would probably scare Chase away from "having to many INQ's" whenever I app for the Freedom later on this year. 

Message 39 of 111
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm pretty sure i'm going to wait until 2016 for my next AMEX.

Me Too , i am thinking SPG and whatever charge card that seems to have decent signup bonus, Plat 100k is what i would love to see but not holding my breath. Probably could settle for PRG 25k or maybe another 40k plat offer with no af that was rolling around earlier this year. 

Message 40 of 111
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.