cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got NFCU Everyday Checking!! LOC now??

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Got NFCU Everyday Checking!! LOC now??

@Anonymous wrote:
What is the EO department? I did ask to speak to a credit analyst and was told they did not speak to the public ... Not even sure that is accurate?

Recon?

no you don't call for recons and you don't speak to an EO department.

Message 41 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

So do nothing?

Don't reapply later?

.... Just deadend?
Message 42 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hadn't closed the crappy cards because they extend the history... Is it still better to close them then keep them open and not use them? I figured it just helped with debt ratio even if to a small degree...

Chase let me get 2 business cards for the same business within a month of each other .... Yay me! Each chase card I get, they tell me at the branch I have an offer available. I am getting ready to move a significant amount of business to chase for another business so maybe they will be inclined to keep extending additional credit because BOA failed to perform on every promise in every level overt 5 months with a multi million dollar business (1 of 3) so moving things around ...

Maybe if I move some personal funds to NFCU they will be more inclined to help as well?

I put all my household expense $$ every month at chase in my personal accounts so not as if I don't use and keep at least $5k a month in there but my business accounts are quite substantial compared to that.
Message 43 of 56
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I hadn't closed the crappy cards because they extend the history... Is it still better to close them then keep them open and not use them? I figured it just helped with debt ratio even if to a small degree...

Chase let me get 2 business cards for the same business within a month of each other .... Yay me! Each chase card I get, they tell me at the branch I have an offer available. I am getting ready to move a significant amount of business to chase for another business so maybe they will be inclined to keep extending additional credit because BOA failed to perform on every promise in every level overt 5 months with a multi million dollar business (1 of 3) so moving things around ...

Maybe if I move some personal funds to NFCU they will be more inclined to help as well?

I put all my household expense $$ every month at chase in my personal accounts so not as if I don't use and keep at least $5k a month in there but my business accounts are quite substantial compared to that.

surely you don't need $1300 for util help.

Closed accounts continue to report for 10 years so don't keep accounts open just for reporting.

Send a message online asking what happened to your condition approved?

Message 44 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message sent and will close those accounts today and no I Don't even use those cards Smiley Happy

Message 45 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Out of principal and aggravation, I offered a 4506T from 2013 because it shows more then I actually used on my app for the LOC .... kind of offended by NFCU at this point. Smiley Sad

Message 46 of 56
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Out of principal and aggravation, I offered a 4506T from 2013 because it shows more then I actually used on my app for the LOC .... kind of offended by NFCU at this point. Smiley Sad

what baddies do you still have on your report?

have you tried American Express?

checked pre-qual for citicards and chase today?

Message 47 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

No baddies at all anywhere!  Alot of inquiries - bought 2 cars and a house last year and run 3 businesses so anytime I have to open a new business account, credit card or merchant something .... I get a ding so have a lot of inquiries but my scores are all above 700 even with the numerous inquiries (25 on experian, 22 on transunion and about 16 on equifax).  I am getting ready to challenge some of those with a round of letters for the ones I didn't really ask for to give myself a little boost - but NONE of this should scare of NFCU!  The only new Inquiry is NFCU themselves so it isn't like I am out there credit shopping ....

Citbank has never shown me much love in the way of credit cards except with business cards that require no PG .... ?  They always say I have too much credit and too many inquiries.  No Prequal on the Chase site but I have never gotten one to show up - they just tell me when I walk in to a branch.  I will transfer a bulk of my biggest business over to them this next week (which I don't have Ink cards for yet) and see if they show me a little extra love and will ask about a CSP card.  That doesn't really help with diversifying my credit more but I would take it as I love all things Chase.

I haven't attempted Amex with the 25 inquiries - figured they would just laugh at me and I know they will only pull Experian.  I get Business Charge Card offers all the time but I am not really interested in $450 annual fees etc. 

Just did a little tally - I was paid ahead with a credit on my NFCU card for 5 of the 6 months I have had it and almost $8K one of those months!  I generally run at least $25K on it regularly without really running a balance.  It's absurd to think I don't qualify for a LOC unless they want me to put some $$ in my checking account and actually use it - which I can and happily would but why give me a conditional approval if that's the end game?  I am trying to move away from BOA so I could move my personal stuff to them .... not sure if that is what they are looking for.  I always keep a few thousand in both a personal checking and savings and then have a money market account.  Maybe they would find that more substantial? .... it just seems like from what I have read that my income, assets, credit scores etc far exceed the normal qualifications to get this LOC .... did I just get a bad rep that wasn't having a good holiday week?

Message 48 of 56
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No baddies at all anywhere!  Alot of inquiries - bought 2 cars and a house last year and run 3 businesses so anytime I have to open a new business account, credit card or merchant something .... I get a ding so have a lot of inquiries but my scores are all above 700 even with the numerous inquiries (25 on experian, 22 on transunion and about 16 on equifax).  I am getting ready to challenge some of those with a round of letters for the ones I didn't really ask for to give myself a little boost - but NONE of this should scare of NFCU!  The only new Inquiry is NFCU themselves so it isn't like I am out there credit shopping ....

Citbank has never shown me much love in the way of credit cards except with business cards that require no PG .... ?  They always say I have too much credit and too many inquiries.  No Prequal on the Chase site but I have never gotten one to show up - they just tell me when I walk in to a branch.  I will transfer a bulk of my biggest business over to them this next week (which I don't have Ink cards for yet) and see if they show me a little extra love and will ask about a CSP card.  That doesn't really help with diversifying my credit more but I would take it as I love all things Chase.

I haven't attempted Amex with the 25 inquiries - figured they would just laugh at me and I know they will only pull Experian.  I get Business Charge Card offers all the time but I am not really interested in $450 annual fees etc. 

Just did a little tally - I was paid ahead with a credit on my NFCU card for 5 of the 6 months I have had it and almost $8K one of those months!  I generally run at least $25K on it regularly without really running a balance.  It's absurd to think I don't qualify for a LOC unless they want me to put some $$ in my checking account and actually use it - which I can and happily would but why give me a conditional approval if that's the end game?  I am trying to move away from BOA so I could move my personal stuff to them .... not sure if that is what they are looking for.  I always keep a few thousand in both a personal checking and savings and then have a money market account.  Maybe they would find that more substantial? .... it just seems like from what I have read that my income, assets, credit scores etc far exceed the normal qualifications to get this LOC .... did I just get a bad rep that wasn't having a good holiday week?

1. while removing a bunch of INQ's might help you get some approvals with some more inq sensitive banks, you will see no score change as after 5 or something low like that they don't count against points.

2. I would try for an American Express (like blue cash or everyday is the most popular these days) as you say stated you have a ton of inquiries, what's another!

3. did you secure message navy yet? id be pretty balistic with a denial too

4. have you thought about navy business checking and credit? it's kind of a hoop to jump through but!

5. chase slate is such a worthless card I would apply for a new chase card (freedom, CSP, I love my AARP!!) and hopefully you get approved without recon and then move the cl from your slate over to it to make it even more and close that slate card.

I was able to get 1 chase card every 30 days and I have over 30 EX inq's and like you I never got pre-qual and still don't!

6. maybe it's time to apply for a 2nd navy credit card while your at it (credt cards are different department then navcheck and if the income is there and the scores in the 700's I would think they would extend more!

Message 49 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will totally try for the business LOC and checking with NFCU.

I am going to insist on the 4506T on Monday - yes I did message them - I happen to have the form on my computer and know what it will come back like so why not ....

Also have no problem appying for another card.  The LOC thing is just kind of the principal of the thing now!  I will get it one way or another whether they want to or not Smiley Happy

Chase is for sure on the agenda this week.  I am going to move the entire balance of one business account from BOA to chase so they should be happy - will ask then what I can do about a CSP card when I am face to face - that has always been 100% positive outcome for me.

Will also app for an amex card too - why not - got nothing to lose at this point Smiley Happy

Is it too risky to app for another NFCU right after a decline? .... or doesn't seem to matter?

Message 50 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.