Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need credit!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need credit!

What kind of Credit Card should I apply for if I am trying to raise my credit!

Equifax: 621

TransUnion: 595

Experian: 610

I need to raise my score so I can buy a house.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Re: Need credit!

Need a little more info about your overall credit picture.

What types of cards do you already have? Any installment loans? Any baddies? What's the age of your credit?

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

You might have to start off with a secured card from someone like Bank of America or you try to see if you prequalify fir one of the Cap One cards

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

My credit is 7 years old, I don't have any negatives, no installment loans and one credit card that is from the military which I always pay on time.

I was thinking about getting 3 secure credit cards. $300.00 each and using them at the same time, of course using under 25% of the limit, and always paying it off on time.

Is that a good idea?

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd try for unsecured cap1 QS1 and plat first. If that fails Then I'd agree with what you said. Try to keep under 10% (reporting) and you should be better score wise. But you should be a shoe in for cap1
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have a chance with Capital One's Quicksilver One. That is a pretty nice card. Unlimited 1.5% cash back with only a $39 annual fee.

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will that lower my credit score? Applying for it?

Also, when should I ask them to raise it if they give me a 300 limit?

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applying will, yes because of the inquiry. But it's the same case if you app for secured cards
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I applied for it.

It said they will let me know if they approved it from 7-10 business days. *sighs* Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 18
uswala
Senior Contributor

@darkblackrose wrote:

Well, I applied for it.

It said they will let me know if they approved it from 7-10 business days. *sighs* Smiley Sad

Give them a call in the morning. May be its just verification issue.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.