Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gotta Love Comenity...

tag
JaseT
Established Contributor

Gotta Love Comenity...

This month marks 4 months since my last CLI on my Comenity Williams Sonoma Visa. Not sure which day exactly, so I've made a CLI request a few times. Declined each time. The letters in the mail state the same thing:

"Here are the reasons for declining your request:"

And then no reason is listed. Further into the letter, they state:

"Here are the most significant factors impacting your credit score:"

And then no reason is listed. 

Seriously? Ugh. Smiley Mad

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Gotta Love Comenity...

Are you submitting your request online or via the automated system?

The only time that I received such similar correspondence was when they couldn't access my CR (SP), or the last SP didn't get updated internally (EQ split file issues). Once EQ got fixed, then ta-da. So, not sure if anything changed with your profile or if they had issues accessing your CR (via SP).
Message 2 of 29
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@JaseT wrote:

This month marks 4 months since my last CLI on my Comenity Williams Sonoma Visa. Not sure which day exactly, so I've made a CLI request a few times. Declined each time. The letters in the mail state the same thing:

"Here are the reasons for declining your request:"

And then no reason is listed. Further into the letter, they state:

"Here are the most significant factors impacting your credit score:"

And then no reason is listed. 

Seriously? Ugh. Smiley Mad

hahaha.....Not sure what to say to that, just laughing.  I wish my job was that easy, like today's forecast (it will or won't rain). 

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 3 of 29
JaseT
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
Are you submitting your request online or via the automated system?

The only time that I received such similar correspondence was when they couldn't access my CR (SP), or the last SP didn't get updated internally (EQ split file issues). Once EQ got fixed, then ta-da. So, not sure if anything changed with your profile or if they had issues accessing your CR (via SP).

I've been submitting via online, like I always do. I've never had any luck with a CLI via Robolady!

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 4 of 29
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, now they want US to fill in our own denialsSmiley Wink. Kinda smart, true inner reflectionSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 29
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Lol, now they want US to fill in our own denialsSmiley Wink. Kinda smart, true inner reflectionSmiley Happy

You Rang?

Message 6 of 29
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

“What do you think you did wrong?” Lol 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 7 of 29
sarge12
Senior Contributor

@pinkandgrey wrote:

“What do you think you did wrong?” Lol 

What are you talking about...it's Comenity...and that is the reason for the denial...it's Comenity!!!

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 8 of 29
sarge12
Senior Contributor

I have always been led to believe credit decisions at Comenity involve a dart board with each section being what the decision will be. If the one making the decision is better at darts, your odds increase.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 9 of 29
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Ok Sarge, so long as its humans playing darts because we all know and understand that only at Discover do monkeys play with and throw darts and thats to determine who gets a cli and whenSmiley Wink
Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.