Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC Applications issue

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HSBC Applications issue

"We detected that you are an existing HSBC customer. To continue, please log in to Personal Internet Banking to complete your application."

I am not there customer. I had their credit card back in 2009  and canceled it. Anyone else has issues applying for it?

7 REPLIES 7
Mahraja
Valued Contributor

Re: HSBC Applications issue

@Anonymous 

use your.. old login info if you still have it and apply.. or apply directly without checking pre approved offers.otherwise call them up Good Luck

Profile Worth 2.0+M+
___________R.a.j
"Be Stronger Than Your Strongest Excuse"
Message 2 of 8
chiefone4u
Established Contributor

If you still have access to the email account you had in 2009 try logging in and/or resetting your password. 

If you can sign into HSBC it should make the application simpler (and perhaps bypass the security review).

If you can't gain access you'll need to call and possibly visit a local branch (if you're lucky enough to live near one).

Goodwill Saturation Technique
Starting Score: EQ:608, EX:617, TU:625
Current Score 3/11/2020: EQ:695, EX:703, TU:720
Goal Score: 740+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Discover IT $1000Cabelas Clasic $1000Coscto Anywhere Signature Visa -Citi- $7200ExxonMobil Smartcard -Citi- $2500Playstation Visa (Comenity) $1950QuickSilver One $2200Walmart $6000Wells Fargo Platinum Visa $3000
Member of the Synchrony Bank giveth then Taketh away April 2020 Club! $86,900 in available credit gone without warning.
Newest Account July 8, 2020 -- Last HP October 24, 2020 -- Gardening Goal: August 2022 and reach 0/24
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mahraja wrote:

@Anonymous 

use your.. old login info if you still have it and apply.. or apply directly without checking pre approved offers.otherwise call them up Good Luck

I don't know the login info since it's been over 10 years. They want to verify security questions when I try to reset the password. I don't recall the answers. I called them they can't find even find my profile with my SS#. 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chiefone4u wrote:

If you still have access to the email account you had in 2009 try logging in and/or resetting your password. 

If you can sign into HSBC it should make the application simpler (and perhaps bypass the security review).

If you can't gain access you'll need to call and possibly visit a local branch (if you're lucky enough to live near one).

I don't live near a branch. It's about 900 miles.

Message 5 of 8
kerplunk
Frequent Contributor

Good luck. I previously had a mortgage with HSBC and their systems are so unintuitive it hurts. Their phone customer service was a literal maze to get to speak with someone, and hold times were an hour... and this was pre-coronavirus. 

To each his or her own, but my opinion is that there are much better credit card products out there than what HSBC offers. Maybe it's a sign.

Message 6 of 8
chiefone4u
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Mahraja wrote:

@Anonymous 

I don't know the login info since it's been over 10 years. They want to verify security questions when I try to reset the password. I don't recall the answers. I called them they can't find even find my profile with my SS#. 

Did you apply over the phone while you had them on the line?

Goodwill Saturation Technique
Starting Score: EQ:608, EX:617, TU:625
Current Score 3/11/2020: EQ:695, EX:703, TU:720
Goal Score: 740+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Discover IT $1000Cabelas Clasic $1000Coscto Anywhere Signature Visa -Citi- $7200ExxonMobil Smartcard -Citi- $2500Playstation Visa (Comenity) $1950QuickSilver One $2200Walmart $6000Wells Fargo Platinum Visa $3000
Member of the Synchrony Bank giveth then Taketh away April 2020 Club! $86,900 in available credit gone without warning.
Newest Account July 8, 2020 -- Last HP October 24, 2020 -- Gardening Goal: August 2022 and reach 0/24
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chiefone4u wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Mahraja wrote:

@Anonymous 

Did you apply over the phone while you had them on the line?

They tried transferrring the call to different department and then call was disconnected.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.