Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC: Is it me....

tag
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

HSBC: Is it me....

...or is HSBC tough on CC apps? Smiley Happy

I recall back in May just testing the waters on HSBC pre-qualified site and I was not approved. (Sent a nice snail mail and everything too for the denial, never seen that before on a Pre-qualify)

I saw the thread for soft pull prequalfied offers was recently updated so since its been 3 months since last time I tried decided to give it a go again to see if something different would come up and I just got declined again (good thing I don't want this card Smiley LOL)

What gives Smiley Tongue? Sheesh I remember the days when I would get mailers from these guys all the time.

Is HSBC accounts sensitive? INQ sensitive? Just curious.

I mean that one card they offer for 3% for the whole first year for $10K spend is kinda interesting and yeah *maybe* if they approved for that I might of thought about it - but otherwise I am just trying to see why HSBC is so stingy Smiley Very Happy

Potential Future Cards
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: HSBC: Is it me....

They aren't particularly sensitive to inquiries and accounts but they definitely can be stingy. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 6
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

They aren't particularly sensitive to inquiries and accounts but they definitely can be stingy. 

I guess it all depends on what could be construed as stingy.Smiley Very Happy

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/HSBC-Premier-World-Elite-Approval/m-p/5996578...

Message 3 of 6
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

That is their wannabe CSR and I would bet the OP in that case was a Jade member. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 4 of 6
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/HSBC-Premier-World-Elite-Approval/m-p/5996578...

"..gave an SL of $85k.." Holy cr**! Smiley SurprisedSmiley Surprised

Potential Future Cards
Message 5 of 6
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Wavester64 wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

"..gave an SL of $85k.." Holy cr**! Smiley SurprisedSmiley Surprised

Yeah. well they must have a pretty sizable portfolio they transferred over. The tipoff is "Overall, I have been very impressed by HSBC's customer service" - I've had CCs & bank accounts (just for SUBs) with HSBC and think they have the absolute worst customer service. I do like the description of the Premier World Elite card has a "massive chunk of metal that is engraved like a plaque", but at least they can use it as a weapon for self defense. Smiley LOL

For me HSBC has been very stingy, I has a Rewards MC w/$2500 CL that I closed after the first year of intro offers & SUB. Last year I got their Gold MC for the 18 mo. 0%, but with a $3k CL I didn't have much $$$ to play with. It's paid in full now and usually with a card destined for the sock drawer I either toss small swipes at it to keep it active or just close it, but this one I've decided to just let it go and see how long HSBC lets it go before closing for inactivity.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.