Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSBC do not apply

tag
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Re: HSBC do not apply

I've never known an HSBC credit app to be an instant decision, it's always a two step process. Security SPs EX to verify your identity, if they have any issue/questions you have to sort it out with them. Only after they're satisfied it's you do they send it to underwriting who then HPs EQ. Even opening a bank account is the same process, except no underwriting or EQ HP.

The issue I have with them is their failure to protect my identity. I recently opened a savings account and it hit a snag in security, it seems what I entered for my DL issue & expiration date didn't match my app for a CC a couple years ago. Yeah, I renewed it since then. They emailed me a phone # to call . Before she'll even discuss things with me she verifies my identity with name, full address, DoB, and then she ask to verify my SS#. I ask if she means the last 4 digits; no she demands I verify my full SS#. So, you idiots, you let a low paid worker have full access to my name, address, DoB and full SS#?????

They're not "snooty", they are idiots.

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received a prequal in the mail from HSBC and tried applying online several times and always got the "Cannot verify identity" even though they never populated any of the customary 4 questions.

Finally applied over the phone to get instant approval.  From approval to card mailing took 2 days with likely another 3 or 4 for it to arrive.  No POI even though > $80k.

Limit is low, though, at only $7k.  Lowest limit card by far.  Hope CLIs are easy to come by. 

Message 12 of 16
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I received a prequal in the mail from HSBC and tried applying online several times and always got the "Cannot verify identity" even though they never populated any of the customary 4 questions.

Finally applied over the phone to get instant approval.  From approval to card mailing took 2 days with likely another 3 or 4 for it to arrive.  No POI even though > $80k.

Limit is low, though, at only $7k.  Lowest limit card by far.  Hope CLIs are easy to come by. 

HP for CLI's, and not know as being A Generous Lender.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

HP for CLI's, and not know as being A Generous Lender.

Thanks for that data.

I'll find a recurring charge to add to it and just keep it in the collection.  

Message 14 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Only thing i seem to like about this lender is their cards look coolSmiley Wink
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios ... one problem with all this is my Lexis Nexis Report is 52 pages and which address when some are repeated multiple times. Trying to get credit bureaus and information gathers to clean up is a very challenging job. Smiley Sad
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.