Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Cap One is trying to seduce me...

tag
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Help! Cap One is trying to seduce me...

So as many of you know, I was planning on refraining from any apping in anticipation of the new Apple card later this year. However, something has happened as of yesterday. I prequaled for Cap1 Savor, Savor One, Venture, and QS. I haven’t prequaled for any Capital One cards in awhile. And yes, the APRs on all of them were solid.

Now the Savor One is a card I’ve wanted for awhile, plus the intro APR for 15 months and 150/500 SUB would be helpful for upcoming expenses. FWIW, I actually am one of the few who like Cap One. They were the first to give me a card, and their app is great. 

I recently paid off my car loan, but that hasn’t reported yet. I know my score will dip a little once that gets reported, so if I were to take this prequal offer, wouldn’t it be best to do it now? 

I’ve been going back and forth like crazy on this. HELP ME!!!! I’m weak and the siren call of Cap One is intensifying....

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
28 REPLIES 28
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Help! Cap One is trying to seduce me...

If you have the planned expense where you can benefit from the approval I would go for it IMO. Potentially, you could try Savor for a spin and then downgrade to Savor One in the future.

But, if the Savor One aligns much better for your goals, then do that one. I'm sure the triple pull will be worth it if approved.
Message 2 of 29
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@pinkandgrey   Sounds to me as if you've already talked yourself into it 

Good luck! 

Message 3 of 29
JaseT
Established Contributor

Click da button!!

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 4 of 29
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

Good luck! 

I haven’t though lol. Part of me wants you all to say “go for it” and part of me wants you to talk me out of it. I have a lot of inqs.... HELP

Message 5 of 29
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@pinkandgrey wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Good luck! 

I haven’t though lol. Part of me wants you all to say “go for it” and part of me wants you to talk me out of it. I have a lot of inqs.... HELP

I just checked, I cant even get a platinum with my inq and new accounts 

How many inq and accounts are we talking about here? 

Message 6 of 29
JaseT
Established Contributor

@pinkandgrey wrote:

HELP

f4l0fc

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 7 of 29
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@JaseT wrote:

@pinkandgrey wrote:

HELP

f4l0fc

EVIL SHOULDER DEMON lol

Message 8 of 29
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@pinkandgrey wrote:

So as many of you know, I was planning on refraining from any apping in anticipation of the new Apple card later this year. However, something has happened as of yesterday. I prequaled for Cap1 Savor, Savor One, Venture, and QS. I haven’t prequaled for any Capital One cards in awhile. And yes, the APRs on all of them were solid.

Now the Savor One is a card I’ve wanted for awhile, plus the intro APR for 15 months and 150/500 SUB would be helpful for upcoming expenses. FWIW, I actually am one of the few who like Cap One. They were the first to give me a card, and their app is great. 

I recently paid off my car loan, but that hasn’t reported yet. I know my score will dip a little once that gets reported, so if I were to take this prequal offer, wouldn’t it be best to do it now? 

I’ve been going back and forth like crazy on this. HELP ME!!!! I’m weak and the siren call of Cap One is intensifying....

I used to be a big defender of Capital One on this forum.

Until one day they closed down both my personal credit card and my business credit card ($57,500 worth of limits) and my 15-year-old checking account.

I always paid everything on time and managed my accounts perfectly.

They never told me why they did it. I went all the way up to their "Executive Office". All they could say was that it was done in the "back office", and the "back office" doesn't tell them why.

I reminded him that federal law requires them to give a reason.

I asked the Executive Office manager I spoke to how he would feel if someone closed down his accounts, and wouldn't even tell him why -- he said he would feel angry.

They could stand on their head and I wouldn't accept any product of theirs. They are a low class, mismanaged outfit, in my book.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 9 of 29
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@pinkandgrey wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Good luck! 

I just checked, I cant even get a platinum with my inq and new accounts 

How many inq and accounts are we talking about here? 

New accounts would be 1 in the last 6 months and many in the last 5 lol Inqs probably at least 5 across all bureaus more for EX. That’s why it’s strange that suddenly I prequal...

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.