cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Cap One is trying to seduce me...

tag
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Help! Cap One is trying to seduce me...

@pinkandgrey wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@pinkandgrey wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@pinkandgrey   Sounds to me as if you've already talked yourself into it 

Good luck! 

I haven’t though lol. Part of me wants you all to say “go for it” and part of me wants you to talk me out of it. I have a lot of inqs.... HELP

I just checked, I cant even get a platinum with my inq and new accounts 

How many inq and accounts are we talking about here? 

New accounts would be 1 in the last 6 months and many in the last 5 lol Inqs probably at least 5 across all bureaus more for EX. That’s why it’s strange that suddenly I prequal...

It's a trick!Smiley Tongue  Do they make money on inquiries (triple pull)? lol!!!!

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 11 of 29
JaseT
Established Contributor

Please let me know when I should start checking the APPROVALS forum section for the outcome. Smiley Tongue

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 12 of 29
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@JaseT wrote:

Please let me know when I should start checking the APPROVALS forum section for the outcome. Smiley Tongue

I see you have a few C1 cards. Care to share your experience? If you’re gonna push someone off a cliff, at least let her know what might be at the bottom lol

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 13 of 29
JaseT
Established Contributor

@pinkandgrey wrote:

@JaseT wrote:

I see you have a few C1 cards. Care to share your experience? If you’re gonna push someone off a cliff, at least let her know what might be at the bottom lol

Although they get poo-poo'ed a lot, I am very thankful to Cap One for being the first with decent limits to take a chance on my post-BK7 self. They approved me for a $3k Platinum (now my $8.8k Quicksilver) the day of my discharge, 3/17. Six months later, another $3k Platinum (now my $5.8k Savor with grandfathered no-AF) approval, 9/17. Nearly a year ago in 5/18, they approved me for a car loan up to $40k at 6%. In 12/18, they approved me for a $15k Venture.

Never had any serious problems with them. Their cashback is super simple and their website and app are both top-notch IMO. If I were you, I'd go for the regular SAVOR and get the extra cashback the first year, and then product change to the SAVOR ONE when it comes AF time. You can then use that purdy metal Savor card as a Christmas tree ornament, in all its shiny glory!  Smiley Wink

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 14 of 29
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@JaseT wrote:

@pinkandgrey wrote:

@JaseT wrote:

Although they get poo-poo'ed a lot, I am very thankful to Cap One for being the first with decent limits to take a chance on my post-BK7 self. They approved me for a $3k Platinum (now my $8.8k Quicksilver) the day of my discharge, 3/17. Six months later, another $3k Platinum (now my $5.8k Savor with grandfathered no-AF) approval, 9/17. Nearly a year ago in 5/18, they approved me for a car loan up to $40k at 6%. In 12/18, they approved me for a $15k Venture.

Never had any serious problems with them. Their cashback is super simple and their website and app are both top-notch IMO. If I were you, I'd go for the regular SAVOR and get the extra cashback the first year, and then product change to the SAVOR ONE when it comes AF time. You can then use that purdy metal Savor card as a Christmas tree ornament, in all its shiny glory!  Smiley Wink

I agree about their app and site. Sure, they like to bucket people, but Cap One is actually a good company. *strokes chin pensively* This is hard... 

Message 15 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go for it. I’ll be getting the Savor One myself if I need a 15 month 0% card, the $150 SUB is much easier to get than the Savor since the Savor doesn’t have an intro APR, and the categories are decent. 

Message 16 of 29
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Go for it. I’ll be getting the Savor One myself if I need a 15 month 0% card, the $150 SUB is much easier to get than the Savor since the Savor doesn’t have an intro APR, and the categories are decent. 

Have you tried the prequal too?

Message 17 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pinkandgrey wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Have you tried the prequal too?

I have all my reports frozen and I don’t know which one they SP for them. I get prequal for Plat and QS1 with them frozen but I am not looking to get any new cards until Ryzen 3000 and Navi drop 2H this year and I will be losing a repo and my last lates on EQ and EX in July (I’m going to ask for EE next month with EX for the repo) so I should be around 680-700 on all three bureaus. 

Message 18 of 29
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

My philosophy, YOLOSmiley Happy #WEEBEECEEDEEBOO

#HARDPULLSAYWHAAA????

Smiley Happy

Dang @SouthJamaica, that stinks man, sorry about that experience. Yeah they would go kick rocks with Penfed lol Smiley Wink
Message 19 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apply now before the prequal goes away.  Quit procrastinating Smiley Wink

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.