Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Me Choose

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help Me Choose

Hey everyone, I need some advice 

I have some school expenses coming up (~$2000) and thought I might as well try to swing and intro bonus on a new card while I'm at it.  My current cards are:

Chase Freedom: $5600 (opened 1 yr ago) - $100 ballance 

Amex Delta Gold: $22000 (opened 3+ yrs ago) - $0 ballance

Capital One Quicksilver: $3200 (opened 5+ yrs ago) - $0 ballance

USAA Secured: $500 - $0 ballance

Now I am looking to do some traveling and such here in the next year, so I think a travel card might be best. I am open to cash back cards though as I can just use that towards travel if need be.  I tend to spend the most at hotels but I'm not sure I can hit the minimum spend on the Chase Bonvoy Boundless card. So here is what I am torn between:

Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select 

Citi Premier 

Capital One Venture 

Chase Saphire Perfered 

(While I'm at it I may try for the Amazon Prime card too as I do a lot of my shopping there.)

My credit score is 813 EX, 799 TU 

Any advise would be appreciated! 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Re: Help Me Choose

Personally I would say the Venture. I would get the Amazon first for sure, though. That card is through Chase and Chase won’t want to see the HPs from another app. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The CSP would compliment your current stack pretty well if you can hit the SUB. Probably would get a hefty SL too.

AMEX Gold has the 50K for 2k spend right now that would compliment your Delta Gold. Plus with your history, you are probably just going to get an SP from AMEX. Though, your YMMV.

But getting a foot in with Citi would be nice too!
Message 3 of 6
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

I have been happy with Venture overall but I have a monthly bill that is considered travel that I can apply my 2% against.

Uber and Propel are great for travel but the SUB and limits are not comparable to Venture.

Venture also has prequal page so if you prequal you know you are getting $5k+

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 4 of 6
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Amazon Prime (store) card is through Syncrony.

Amazon Visa card is through Chase.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would take a look at the Amex offerings, but I'm afraid that with my income that another app there would trigger a financial review

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.