Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with next card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help with next card?

Hey guys, 

I have a few cards currently and am looking to add another. 

Current FICO score is 701 according to Discover scorecard.

Age of oldest account is 1.5 years

Cards I have:

- CapOne secured 200 CL (Barely use this one because of the ridiculously low CL.. it was my first card) Is it possible to call and graduate this one early? It's 5 months old. 

- Discover Student IT 500 CL 0% interest through July 

- AmEx Gold Delta Skymiles 1,000 CL

I'm considering the AmEx Blue Cash Everyday for the 15 months 0% as I want to finance an upcoming purchase and have a referral for it from a friend but I'm wondering what my other options are? I'm not terribly interested in Chase honestly, though I could add one more and then still have room for a chase card next. In April my Discover CL will increase, and I need to decide what to do with the CapOne.. 

Any advice?

6 REPLIES 6
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Re: Help with next card?

How long have you had the Delta Gold? A 1k approval means you were border line on the approval so getting the BCE may be tough since that's one of AmEx's core revolvers. The UW for core revolvers are generally higher then co-branded cards. Have you checked AmEx pre-approvals to see what comes up?

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had the Amex for around 2 months now. 

I tried checking the pre approvals but it won't let me as I am already a cardholder. Is there a way around this? 

I'm an AU on a Delta Gold for about a year and a half and was an AU on a BCE for a year, not sure if that makes any difference. 

Message 3 of 7
Blackswizz750
Established Contributor

Being an AU has no bearing on getting approved for a Blue Cash or any card. I would garden for a while and let what you have age.
Message 4 of 7
xaximus
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've had the Amex for around 2 months now. 

I tried checking the pre approvals but it won't let me as I am already a cardholder. Is there a way around this? 

I'm an AU on a Delta Gold for about a year and a half and was an AU on a BCE for a year, not sure if that makes any difference. 

TCL - Est. $410K
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I click on credit card offers I see Blue Delta Skymiles, Blue Cash Everyday, and Amex Everyday. 

Message 6 of 7
xaximus
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

When I click on credit card offers I see Blue Delta Skymiles, Blue Cash Everyday, and Amex Everyday. 

Looks like you may be able to get the BCE. If that's the card you want, it will only be an SP if you apply. Do let us know if you do.

TCL - Est. $410K
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.