Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help!

I applied for A Citi Shell Mastercard on 1/2/2019 in which my credit file was locked so I knew it wouldnt be a instant approval. This also resulted in a HP, I called in and the Representative let me know my card was declined because my phone number wasnt listed. I waited a few days, got my phone number added to my credit file and called again, I was approved for the Shell Mastercard. This resulted in another HP and they actually double pulled both times. I receive an email 1/5/19 stating that I am approved for a Shell rewards card and as part of the application process, I was evaluated for one or more other cards, and I am declined for the Mastercard. Seems like they're downgrading my MC to Rewards has anyone heard of this? I logged into my account and two cards are now showing..

2 REPLIES 2
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Help!

This can happen based on further review of one’s CR.

It’s awful that there were so many HPs.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help!

Best option I can think of would be to plead your case to a CSR see if they will get rid of some of the inqs,, or let you dispute with the credit bureau and they not verify the info as accurate so it will fall off. Not 100% on the best way to handle that. If talking to them fails, Id probably consider wirting a letter to the Executive office and request for one of the accounts to be closed as you only wanted one, and find out why you were approved, then downgraded for the mastercard!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.