cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hilton Hhonors Amex application - need to speak with you....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hilton Hhonors Amex application - need to speak with you....

I applied today for the Hilton Hhonors Amex and received the following message

Thank You for applying for the Hilton HHonors® Card.

In order to provide you with an instant decision, we need to speak with you. We are available to assist you during our Hours of Operations: Monday-Friday 8AM to Midnight, Saturdays 9:30AM to 9PM, and Sundays 10AM to 9PM Eastern Time.

Please call us at 1-800-582-6471 to be connected directly to a Customer Care Professional who will provide you with a decision. To expedite your call, please refer to your individual tracking number.

So is this a good sign or a bad sign?  It is after hours so I have to wait until tomorrow to call but this SO nerve wrecking.... I have never experienced this before.  In my recent applications I either get the 7-10 day message which has always led to a denial (BOOO....Barclays, Citi Hilton, BoA) or I receive instant approval (Yay.. Capital One and Discover, Synchrony)

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hilton Hhonors Amex application - need to speak with you....

If they want you to call them, they need to verify something. It could be your identity, income, credit history, etc.  It doesn't mean approval or denial. The only way to find out what they need is to call and answer their questions.  I wouldn't get too worked up about it. 

Message 2 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied today for the Hilton Hhonors Amex and received the following message

Thank You for applying for the Hilton HHonors® Card.

In order to provide you with an instant decision, we need to speak with you. We are available to assist you during our Hours of Operations: Monday-Friday 8AM to Midnight, Saturdays 9:30AM to 9PM, and Sundays 10AM to 9PM Eastern Time.

Please call us at 1-800-582-6471 to be connected directly to a Customer Care Professional who will provide you with a decision. To expedite your call, please refer to your individual tracking number.

So is this a good sign or a bad sign?  It is after hours so I have to wait until tomorrow to call but this SO nerve wrecking.... I have never experienced this before.  In my recent applications I either get the 7-10 day message which has always led to a denial (BOOO....Barclays, Citi Hilton, BoA) or I receive instant approval (Yay.. Capital One and Discover, Synchrony)

If it wasn't a flat out denial then all signs are good when they ask you to call 

In most cases answer the security questions and a 3 minute call

Good luck 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 9
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

I got the same message when I app'd for mine. It was a verification because at the time I had a fraud alert on my reports.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to give everyone an update... I did not have to call Amex. I woke up this morning to an email stating " Your American Express Application was Approved". I had to register my account using the link provided in order to see my CL. They only gave me a $1.4k limit but that's fine by me!!! I just need to spend $1k to get the 75k bonus points which will be a breeze. I am just happy to get my foot in the door. I travel often and love staying at Hilton brand hotels so I'm excited to have the opportunity to earn points towards free rooms.
Message 5 of 9
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Congrats

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was told I would receive my card in 7-10 business days. 10 business days have passed and I still have not received my card in the mail. I called Amex last night and they are now going to overnight my card to me.  

Has anyone else had an issue like this with Amex?  I was so exited about my approval and now this has definitely put a damper on it.  When I eventually get the card - can I request a CLI?  Will it require a HP?  

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

i would wait 61 days with heavy usage before asking for a CLI and it's a SP
Message 8 of 9
nitrov
Established Contributor

I got a 100k signup offer from them on this card and keep thinking about it. I really don't want another new account since they don't backdate anymore and I already have IHG & Marriott cards...but 100k lol.
My Top 3: Amex Delta Platinum ($30k) | Amex PRG | Citi Prestige ($30k) |

Starting scores 600-640 (2013), current 765-775 (2019); It is possible!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.