Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to wait for Chase Disney

tag
GettingBetter2015
Regular Contributor

How long to wait for Chase Disney

So, we want to take our kiddos to Disney sometime soon and would love to have the Chase Disney Visa, if only for the Star Wars benefits. I applied and was declined because of my recent app spree (too many new accounts was listed) they also listed my utilization, which for some reason a paid off card isn't showing up on my reports which has a significant impact on that utilization number, so I know I need to let these new accounts age. I am thinking at least a year of letting the accounts age, is two years better with Chase?

I know they offer a Disney debit card, but we don't bank with them, and we don't really have a reason to open a checking account that wouldn't be free (since all their accounts require direct deposit or an average balance to avoid fees).
Slowly rebuilding, learning as I go, but that's the beauty of learning...You never have to stop!

Current FICO scores: EX: 664 TU: 650 EQ: 668

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

Re: How long to wait for Chase Disney

OK lets get creative here I have both visa and debit and the debit is AWESOME for the park and purchase perks....NOW I KNOW you do not want to bank with them BUT you can do a direct deposit of only $10 -25 and that satisfying the DD thing (chase does not ask for your whole check to be DD) THINK of that as a Disney Vacation account and use it for when you go to Disney....I don't remember off-hand what the minimum for a savings or checking is with them BUT again "Disney spending account".  If that does not float your boat then I would say minimum 6 months to a year and try again for the VISA....good luck and "Have a Magical Day"!!

EDIT: my bad had time to go to chase website they do ask for a minimum of $500 a month DD into account to wave fees or a high average balance. ARRGGHHH sorry for the misinformation You can deposit less if you have the large balance sitting there BUT that destroys the "Vacation account" idea,although I know we spend ALOT at Disney anyway .....LOL

Message 2 of 7
GettingBetter2015
Regular Contributor

Lol, as a family of six with Star Wars and Disney princess fanatics, I know we'll spend a lot too! Hubby did say we could transfer some of his paycheck to a Chase account if it's something I'd be interested in. Problem is I don't want to split up where bills are paid from just to get the discount. Though hubby does get bonus offers from Chase all the time, so that could come in handy... Last time it was like $300 bonus for opening a checking account having two direct deposits and using the debit card for purchases of a certain amount total. Hmmm...
Slowly rebuilding, learning as I go, but that's the beauty of learning...You never have to stop!

Message 3 of 7
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@GettingBetter2015 wrote:
Lol, as a family of six with Star Wars and Disney princess fanatics, I know we'll spend a lot too! Hubby did say we could transfer some of his paycheck to a Chase account if it's something I'd be interested in. Problem is I don't want to split up where bills are paid from just to get the discount. Though hubby does get bonus offers from Chase all the time, so that could come in handy... Last time it was like $300 bonus for opening a checking account having two direct deposits and using the debit card for purchases of a certain amount total. Hmmm...

I hear ya on both ends...the Disney fanatics and the not splitting the bills thing....I was just trying to get you a usable "card" without waiting a year or so since the debit does exactly what the VISA does without getting points on purchases.....Sorry Darn Chase with those DD minimums so high!!!

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear.  Give it at least a year and try again.

Message 5 of 7
GettingBetter2015
Regular Contributor

I appreciate it, trust me! I might venture over to the branch later on today and talk to a banker just to see what they say... Sometimes they can work with you on account fees... Sometimes.

I priced a trip earlier today and it was $9000 for a week with park hopper, all meals, the memory maker, hotel, airfare... That's not bad really, but I'm thinking it might be time to make the kiddos get jobs to pay for their portion! Lmbo!

Message 6 of 7
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@GettingBetter2015 wrote:
I appreciate it, trust me! I might venture over to the branch later on today and talk to a banker just to see what they say... Sometimes they can work with you on account fees... Sometimes.

I priced a trip earlier today and it was $9000 for a week with park hopper, all meals, the memory maker, hotel, airfare... That's not bad really, but I'm thinking it might be time to make the kiddos get jobs to pay for their portion! Lmbo!

+100000000000000   LOL

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.