Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a CLI from Capital One

tag
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

Re: How to get a CLI from Capital One

@Anonymous: Absolutely. They are super weak. The tl;dr version is that they're giving 10% bumps, with some rounding. 

I'm hoping there's comfort for some people in seeing that these small CLIs aren't personal. It's their current policy (with a few exceptions for ballers like @ChargedUp).  

Message 21 of 79
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

@Curious_George2 wrote:

@ChargedUp: Your huge auto CLI from them was awesome and a true outlier. For those of us who can't put 100%+ spend on our cards for a couple months, auto CLIs from Capital One these days seem very unlikely. I excluded the automatic ones from my analysis when looking through the Approvals from the last few months. I also excluded Credit Steps and one strange (but great!) CLI that came bundled with a PC.

One who should be able to give a good input on this would be @Anonymous who managed to coax a low SL up to $8K+ over time.

Message 22 of 79
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

@Curious_George2 wrote:

@Anonymous: Absolutely. They are super weak. The tl;dr version is that they're giving 10% bumps, with some rounding. 

I'm hoping there's comfort for some people in seeing that these small CLIs aren't personal. It's their current policy (with a few exceptions for ballers like @ChargedUp).  

LOL! Baller status with Capital One cool-smiley-030.gif

Didn't one of the *real* heavy hitters around here have a Quicksilver or Venture up to $60K at one time?

Message 23 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ChargedUp wrote:

@Curious_George2 wrote:

@ChargedUp: Your huge auto CLI from them was awesome and a true outlier. For those of us who can't put 100%+ spend on our cards for a couple months, auto CLIs from Capital One these days seem very unlikely. I excluded the automatic ones from my analysis when looking through the Approvals from the last few months. I also excluded Credit Steps and one strange (but great!) CLI that came bundled with a PC.

One who should be able to give a good input on this would be @Anonymous who managed to coax a low SL up to $8K+ over time.

Lol my $300 Platinum that grew to $8250 was certainly an outlier. 

Unfortunately they axed it to $2K now because of the pandemic. Smiley Sad

I believe mine grew like that because I used it for everything. Between 3/2014 and 11/2017 my only cards were Capital One cards. 

Message 24 of 79
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ChargedUp wrote:

@Curious_George2 wrote:

I believe mine grew like that because I used it for everything. Between 3/2014 and 11/2017 my only cards were Capital One cards. 

Aww man! I didn't know your limit got cut! That blows. mad0245.gif

Was is sock-drawered? Your scores obviously weren't the reason.

Message 25 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ChargedUp wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ChargedUp wrote:

@Curious_George2 wrote:

Aww man! I didn't know your limit got cut! That blows. mad0245.gif

Was is sock-drawered? Your scores obviously weren't the reason.

It wasn't fully SD but it wasn't getting much in charges since 1.5% just wasn't worth it with me having a 3% card (first Discover Miles' first year, then I got the AOD card). Honestly since the pandemic hit, I shifted my focus to saving so I've put away ~$3800 in my ABLE account since July and my spending has plummeted so I'm not surprised I got slashed but they were the only one to do it. 

I actually dug up my original Facebook post about the approval last night. I was excited to have a credit card again, especially since my living situation at the time required it. That mailer was the best timing it could have possibly been since I was waiting for a $48K backpay deposit from Social Security. 

656D611A-E392-4FCF-B7DB-8EF268F9E994.png

If it wasn't my oldest card, I would close it and keep my $10K SavorOne until they slash that one but I really don't want to close my oldest card. Looking at the CLI spend requirements listed here... yeah it's gonna stay $2K forever unless they slash it again. 

Message 26 of 79
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have Platinum card with them for the last 6 yrs...they NEVER increased my limit even though I requested 23 times...always give reasoning to deny my request which never even existed. The worst bank....people shouldn't even think to have anything from Capital One.

Message 27 of 79
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@ChargedUp wrote:

@Curious_George2 wrote:

Didn't one of the *real* heavy hitters around here have a Quicksilver or Venture up to $60K at one time?

There's still quite a few members who's CLs >$50K (those who did not get CLD).  Mine grew over the years after several combos (when combinations were a thing) and it  currently sits at $160K.  

Message 28 of 79
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@ChargedUp wrote:

@Curious_George2 wrote:

There's still quite a few members who's CLs >$50K (those who did not get CLD).  Mine grew over the years after several combos (when combinations were a thing) and it  currently sits at $160K.  

$160K??? smiley-shocked016.gif

Message 29 of 79
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@ChargedUp wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@ChargedUp wrote:

@Curious_George2 wrote:

$160K??? smiley-shocked016.gif

Correct $160,000.  

Suffice it to say, I know of a couple individuals who have greater than mine, $300K.  Yes, Capital One.

Message 30 of 79
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.