Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I hate my Lowes card

I called in. 3k-35k in 2minutes.

Message 11 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't worry.  If your score was on the low side, wait a bit and ask credit solutions for a cli.  I would ask for 35k.  I was too chicken since the lady on the phone asked me if that was 2.5k or 25k!  Freaked me out and I only asked for the 25k.  Make sure you have another 1/2 cards with high limits. It helps.

Message 12 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I personally did not have any other cards with high limits at the time. Lowe's was my first high credit limit. My other limits were 3k. that they could see reporting. That day I also got 5500, 20k, 10k, 5k (CLI) on other apps/cards. It was a great day.

Message 13 of 33
BigBS
Senior Contributor

I have found them to new account sensitive (along with others). Have requested a CLI twice since a spree of 4 cards and CLOC in December and January and denied on all methods (luv button, chat, and Credit Solutions) for new accounts and/or usage. Have plenty of credit and scores in the 800s, so perhaps less of an issue for me. Going to wait until the new stuff is 6 months old and try again.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 14 of 33
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I hit the no-luv button

That is what is wrong. Luv button doesn't work on any of my Synch accounts. Call CS. You should get atleast 8k. Ask for 25k. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 15 of 33
ddemari
Super Contributor

Op like everyone else said, call credit solutions.
Message 16 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called Credit Solutions today and asked for $25k. After about 30 seconds he came back and said sorry I can not increase your limit to $25k. The best I can do is $12k. That will work. Just wanted enough to put new appliances on to get the 5% discount.

Message 17 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Vortexeng! I use it for the financing promo instead of the 5%. Watch for deals you can sometimes do a 10% off purchase and combine the financing. Change of address mailers will sometimes have a coupon in them. Lol. I just goto my post office n grab them.
Message 18 of 33
elim
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I called Credit Solutions today and asked for $25k. After about 30 seconds he came back and said sorry I can not increase your limit to $25k. The best I can do is $12k. That will work. Just wanted enough to put new appliances on to get the 5% discount.

Congrats... In a couple months call again and ask for 30k.  Easy Peazy.

Message 19 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Awesome.  Glad it worked out for you.

Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.