Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've lost my mind - Chase Slate approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've lost my mind - Chase Slate approval

I know I know I have apped and been approved for 3 cards this week but I was trying to figure out how best to manage my next year  CC debt payment budget and I figured I would give the Slate a shot. I know its extra hard pulls but I really want to knock down the 13.5k I owe Citi and was hoping since I have been doing good that I might get a higher limit, no go, I got $1,800. I am going to try to call the number on the back when I get the card to see if they will do an increase or perhaps I can move over my IHG and Disney limits (I dont think I can move the Hyatt since its at 5k and its a signature right?)

But my thought is if I can move 1500 from each, I can make this card a 4800 card and between this one and the MLB for 3500 that both have 0% for 15 months and 12 months I can make a major dent in my citi.  

That citi card is killing me.   I pay $400 a month and $230 get charged back as interest. I am hoping that if my plan above works I can knock it down to $5700 ( if i cna transfer 8k between both cards) and that wil help me out tremendously. And fyi that card is really high because I had a small amount on it already and had to put almost 10k on it for TMJ treatment a few years ago and its killed me ever since, it wasnt really irresponsible spending that got that card that high. I tried for Care Credit at the time but could not get approved for that much and I was not working full time. yeah it was a bad couple years. LOL

I feel that although now my AAoA and my INQ will take a hit now, I am thinking more long term I will be saving a ton of money on interest and once that is paid off my score should really jump since I do not have anything negative in my report for my lifespan. The only thing killing me right now fico wise is Util % 

Thoughts? Does chase really move limits around so freely?? What are the odds of an increase when I get the card?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I've lost my mind - Chase Slate approval

Moving to apps for better coverage
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gdale6 wrote:
Moving to apps for better coverage

Thank you. I wasn't quite sure where to post. 

Message 3 of 9
CatOfSpades
Frequent Contributor

I don't know about bumping up your limit so soon, but I know they move limits around pretty freely. Last month, I called Chase three times to move my limit. Once when I thought I was going to close my Unlimited card. Then again when I decided to keep it open so I moved some of the limit back. Then a third time when I decided to definitely close the Unlimited. No problem either time. 

Good luck tackling that Citi card. I've been there with the interest payment equaling over half of what I'm paying each much. I had never been so stressed out in my life. It's been three years and my stomach still hurts when I think about it. Smiley Frustrated

♠Queen of Spades♠
Apple Card MC $10,000
BofA Cash Rewards VS $10,000
5/3 Cash/Back WEMC $10,000
Discover IT $7,500
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CatOfSpades wrote:

I don't know about bumping up your limit so soon, but I know they move limits around pretty freely. Last month, I called Chase three times to move my limit. Once when I thought I was going to close my Unlimited card. Then again when I decided to keep it open so I moved some of the limit back. Then a third time when I decided to definitely close the Unlimited. No problem either time. 

Good luck tackling that Citi card. I've been there with the interest payment equaling over half of what I'm paying each much. I had never been so stressed out in my life. It's been three years and my stomach still hurts when I think about it. Smiley Frustrated

Thanks! I figured at the minimum I would move limits around. It's tough but I am happy that I have a plan and Im pretty sure I should have everything like 85% paid off by end of next year (thats mainly the citi card) because all of the other little balances will be done by end of this year and April 2017.  So seeing that makes me happy and excited. If i can move a big chunk of my citi to 0% I think I can make a much bigger impact and maybe be completely done by end of next year. Then it will be time to save and look for a mortgage option. 

I went ahead an sent them a SM to see about the limit increase rigth away. Lets see, I am sitting her watching tv and fingers crossed waiting for response.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check out PenFed or NavyFed.  People are reporting getting high starting limits.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I was looking into Penfed when I got the stupid idea to apply for the Slate. I probably should have posted before and gotten other opinions but I impulsively applied for the Slate thinking they would give me like 5k at least, since they gave me Hyatt i April at 5k. I wonder if I could still try for Penfed or if its too much. I think at tis point im going to stay put, tahts already 4 new cards this week alone.

Ok ETA: Just heard back from Chase SM, no dice on more credit. I will wait for the card and move limits around by phone when it comes.

Message 7 of 9
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Either one, Penfed or NfCU l, you almost can't go wrong.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

System must be down I tried a few times since yesterday and keep getting your request cannot be completed at this time. From what I google thats not a denial its just system down r something. I will try again. Maybe thats the universe telling me to stop! lol

@RM21 wrote:
Either one, Penfed or NfCU l, you almost can't go wrong.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.