Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want some Chase cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I want some Chase cards

Thanks for the input ttulaw!

We travel once every 2 years.  Wife is Filipino, so we do some overseas travel every other year.

I really don't do a lot of travel, nor do we eat out a lot.  However, I'd like to run my spend through the Chase cards and amass a few points to use towards our semi-annual trip to the Philippines.

Thanks!

Message 21 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know dawg.  I don't know dawg.

Keep Chasin' that dream.

Message 22 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I suppose you could use your old address and just contact the local post office and put in a forwarding order. Then sometime after you get the card and everything's confirmed, change your address lol.
Message 23 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

If this isn't a year you're planning to travel, I'd hold off on the Chase cards. Use the Disco for everything for the first year that you have it and maximize that cashback match. Then apply for the Chase cards (I'd suggest both Freedoms and whichever Sapphire you feel comfortable with) far enough in advance of your travel dates that you can earn the three sign-up bonuses and have 80,000+ Ultimate Rewards sitting on the Sapphire card ready to use. 

If this is a year you're going to travel, you may have to sacrifice some of the Disco's matching potential for the first year in order to hit Chase's sign-up bonuses for the cards. 

Message 24 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

If we're looking at a year or more from now, after you get the sign up bonus for the CSP, you're eligible for it again after 24 months. So if the OP gets the CSP and a Freedom now, waits about 2 years, downgrades the CSP to a Freedom Unlimited, and applies for another CSP, he'll get a second Sapphire SUB.

Discover's first year match is nice, and frankly I'd generally take 10% cash back over 5x UR because even at 2:1 point redemption, I often wouldn't pay the full price of the redemption anyway. So if a $200 room is 10,000 points that's nice and all but if I earned those points at 5x I would have preferred 10% cash back. So it really comes down to how intently the OP is on getting those travel rewards vs maximizing cash back. But either way, a second It card can always be opened in the future.

Message 25 of 37
pip3man
Valued Contributor

DO NOT use your new address when u apply for your Chase cards. Not only will it complicate things, it will more than likely trigger the fraud verification process. And I can tell you it’s not a fun experience. Use the address currently reporting on the CB and linked to ur other credit accounts. USPS should be able to forward your new mails at best and if that don’t happen u can always ask the new residents or your old property management (assuming u were a renter) to hold your mails for pick up. All the best if and when you decide to apply!

Message 26 of 37
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I agree a new address on short notice apping may complicate things. When you app you should always try to make sure everything can match to your report for your security and less headache. Congrats on new home and DiscoSmiley Happy Luck Chasing the Chase dragonSmiley Wink
Message 27 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, everyone for all the pointers!

Best of luck everyone!

Message 28 of 37
A1Credit
Established Contributor

How soon are you moving to the new place? If not in the next two weeks, at least, it seems you would have plenty of time to get the card. You could later update the address for both cards.
***Gardening 3/29/2018 until 9/25/2018***

FICO 8 Scores: EQ~692 l TU~657 l EX~669
Message 29 of 37
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

His closing was on Thursday, and today is the end of the month, so I'm guessing he moved Friday or today.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 30 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.