Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to apply for a Delta Gold

tag
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: I want to apply for a Delta Gold

@Deuter wrote:

Thanks guys about confirming me that cold app should be the same just with the better offer.

I will think about this application. I am currently applying for an Amex ICC card that i requested today so hopefully if i get this card i would kill my new card itching and not apply for the Delta. Now, if i get rejected or something weird with the ICC Amex, i might .... just apply for the Delta Gold. It's been like 8 months of my last card and i'm already considering a 2nd Amex given that they don't HP,customer service has been great, i don't have to app in person, and can combine CL's pretty easily compared to other issuers that you have to call in etc.

My issue is since i don't have a SSN or ITIN i am weary of cold apping. I would have to try to fill again the SSN field i think... go through all of the verifications... while in the preapproved i think i only fill again income and that's it. I still would cold app, but my situation is very specific were even if i am already a cardmember filling the cold app application form doesn't end of being an stress, as even if i got my first one through Global Transfer i would have to explain myself again etc. 

Hmm. I don't know what would you guys do? 

When you cold app it matches you to your existing profile. You shouldn't have to explain anything or jump through hoops. The only difference is which offer is attached to the app.

Message 11 of 19
Deuter
Regular Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@Deuter wrote:

Thanks guys about confirming me that cold app should be the same just with the better offer.

I will think about this application. I am currently applying for an Amex ICC card that i requested today so hopefully if i get this card i would kill my new card itching and not apply for the Delta. Now, if i get rejected or something weird with the ICC Amex, i might .... just apply for the Delta Gold. It's been like 8 months of my last card and i'm already considering a 2nd Amex given that they don't HP,customer service has been great, i don't have to app in person, and can combine CL's pretty easily compared to other issuers that you have to call in etc.

My issue is since i don't have a SSN or ITIN i am weary of cold apping. I would have to try to fill again the SSN field i think... go through all of the verifications... while in the preapproved i think i only fill again income and that's it. I still would cold app, but my situation is very specific were even if i am already a cardmember filling the cold app application form doesn't end of being an stress, as even if i got my first one through Global Transfer i would have to explain myself again etc. 

Hmm. I don't know what would you guys do? 

When you cold app it matches you to your existing profile. You shouldn't have to explain anything or jump through hoops. The only difference is which offer is attached to the app.

Thanks Brian for giving me a little peace of mind!!  Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would call and speak to someone, AMEX has always been really good with customer service in my experience. I would just explain your scenario and that you have seen the offer for 50k. Cant hurt to try?

Message 13 of 19
Deuter
Regular Contributor

Guys so update here

I tried to apply but didn't proceed with the 50K miles application as i was hitted with not eligible for welcome bonus verbiage. I have never had any Delta card and only have had 1 Amex card in my life. My HHonors has been the first CC that i complete a welcome bonus at. I get it i have not put much spend since January that i opened the HH, $2K. 

But come on i am legit person. I only have those 3 CC on my profile. 

Does anyone know if a referral for 50K miles exist???

I don't SUB chase but i'm just a person that uses CC responsibly. Most of my spend goes to my main card that is Citi Prestige. I know its something about the algorithm and low spender, but come on!

Message 14 of 19
Jetiquette
New Contributor

I work for Delta and we get advanced notice of bonus offers coming for the AMEX cards. No new bonus coming in the next month and no 50K+ referrals  are out there currently.

EQ 764 / TU 775 / EX 775 (as of 9/26/21)
Message 15 of 19
Deuter
Regular Contributor

@Jetiquette wrote:

I work for Delta and we get advanced notice of bonus offers coming for the AMEX cards. No new bonus coming in the next month and no 50K+ referrals  are out there currently.

Hi Jetiquette thanks for the info

What are the biggest current ongoing promos for the Delta Gold, is the 50K miles one still alive? As i found the 50K one but it was hard, almost very forced. I remember it used to pop more easily some 2 months ago.. so i think maybe amex wants to just market the 35K one these months?

Well the only link that gave me the 50K miles Delta Gold, i tried to apply and it said i was not eligible for bonus. So maybe  is the link also?

Message 16 of 19
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

I just saw an article about 40k referrals, today. Let me see if I can find it....

Message 17 of 19
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Couldn't find the article so I tried to log in to see what offers my referrals are giving, to see if they're elevated, and I'm not able to access them.  Never happened before. Hope that's just a glitch.

Message 18 of 19
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

It's 40,000 bonus miles and 5,000 MQM for $2K spend/3 months + a $100 statement credit for a Delta purchase also made within the first 3 months.   

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.