Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Invited to Apply for the Petal CC

Got it thanks
Message 31 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update, other people in the thread said their approval was instant mine wasn’t — after I got the pre approval message and submitted the application I got an email which said they needed more time to review and would email me soon. The review took 8 days total including the weekend.

I was approved for $750 at 25.74%
Message 32 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the pre-approval message last week, but the "submit application" link was messed up. I reported it to Petal support via their contact email, and they sent a new link yesterday. Went ahead and clicked, and I was approved for $3.5K SL at 22.74% with a HP on EX (705 as of yesterday, but it went down to 694 today both due to the pull and because I've been doing some fairly heavy spending and BT'ing lately).

Message 33 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here Joe8185. I was also pre-approved then had to wait. I received the approval email today. SL $3.5k 25.74% apr ouch! I won’t be using this one at all! Was also approved yesterday for Delta Gold Amex. Thanking lucky stars for this grace. Upgraded to Cap One QS from Platinum two wks ago. I’m in the garden until Aug 2019.

TU 650
EX 641
EQ 634
Ch 7 dismissed Aug 2012 (forgot to file credit counseling cert.)
1 Collection (after cleaning up my own credit this summer)
Discover It $300
Cap1 QS $2500
Delta Amex Gold $1000 (so far, could this change? Haven’t recvd the card yet)
Petal $3,500

Message 34 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Same here Joe8185. I was also pre-approved then had to wait. I received the approval email today. SL $3.5k 25.74% apr ouch! I won’t be using this one at all! Was also approved yesterday for Delta Gold Amex. Thanking lucky stars for this grace. Upgraded to Cap One QS from Platinum two wks ago. I’m in the garden until Aug 2019.

TU 650
EX 641
EQ 634
Ch 7 dismissed Aug 2012 (forgot to file credit counseling cert.)
1 Collection (after cleaning up my own credit this summer)
Discover It $300
Cap1 QS $2500
Delta Amex Gold $1000 (so far, could this change? Haven’t recvd the card yet)
Petal $3,500

I received my new Petal Visa via FedEx. FedEx (not Petal!) bungled this, because I was out of town over the holiday weekend and had instructed FedEx a day before the delivery was scheduled to hold the envelope at the local FedEx office store. For some reason, this wasn't processed properly and the envelope, with card therein, was left at my front door on Friday and remained there all weekend. Smiley Frustrated Imagine my astonishment when I came home yesterday afternoon and found the envelope there, safe and intact! Smiley Surprised Anyway, I activated the card right away. I probably will make this my "emergency" card with occasional spend to keep it active, but it does look nice. I'm firmly in the garden now, except SP CLI requests, until at least January.

Message 35 of 50
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

If you were part of a select group of invitees, you should have received the metal core CC.

It's definitely a simple, minimalist, sharp looking CC IMO.
Message 36 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:
If you were part of a select group of invitees, you should have received the metal core CC.

It's definitely a simple, minimalist, sharp looking CC IMO.

I did! I forget what my exact numerical position on the waiting list was now, but my card has a "stainless steel core" according to the label on it. I just hope I don't have to go through any metal detectors with it in the near future, though... Smiley Tongue

Message 37 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Denial: Petal CC is not Bk Friendly

Message 38 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting off to a great start... card still hasn’t arrived... had to call them yesterday to get them to reissue...
Message 39 of 50
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Denial: Petal CC is not Bk Friendly

I've read some other reports like this, and they perplex me because I was approved with a 2014 Chapter 7 BK on my records. How long ago was your own BK (and the BK's of others who were denied for this (claimed) reason)? Chapter 7 or 13?

Message 40 of 50
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.