Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Capital One great now?

tag
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Is Capital One great now?

I think it is hilarious how so many people bash Capital One every day, say how terrible they are, yet this forum is now completely filled with threads about the Venture and even the Quicksilver -- both are now the best thing since sliced bread. I am happy to see it, because I have always defended my Capital One Quicksilver, but it's just funny to me how all of a sudden Cap One can do no wrong because they gave out some high limits, so now everyone assumes they will get approved and get a high limit.

I am glad though because hopefully, the Capital One bashing will cut down! I guess people have "forgotten" the supposed shortcomings of Cap One that they so frequently argue? I am just curious how, if they are so terrible, the prospect of a high limit eliminates all debate about them? It's just funny to me.

I haven't seen this much hype over a card since I have been on these forums (3 months), and it is not even a new card!

Message 1 of 47
46 REPLIES 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is Capital One great now?

I think they're great. But I had that opinion prior to Venture Mania. They gave me a chance when things were in the tank.

Message 2 of 47
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I've always liked them, and had no issues, so I am glad to see that clearly some people are changing their minds about them.

Message 3 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Umm no they are not Smiley Tongue But thats my own personal opinion based on experience. My view hasnt changed regardless of the limits I've seen the last couple days. Although I will agree with you it is quite amusing that some are suddenly singing their praises after bashing them not even one week ago Smiley LOL Long live the bandwagon mentality

Message 4 of 47
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

Believe me, haters will be haters!  They are just in retreat right now, so don't be Smiley Surprised that the day will come and they WILL be back!  Smiley Very Happy

CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 5 of 47
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Far from great lol.. They are going to be known for lousy CSR's.  I am one that dind't fall for this, just because of my nightmares in the past with them.  You can put lipstick on a pig, but in the end it is still a pig.  

With that said, I still think the QS is the best cash back card there is on the market as no mins to redeem and rewards post pretty much immediately. 

I agree with heavenly... People are now singing a bit of a different song about cap1, just not me.. I beat to my own drummer or singer in this case

Message 6 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've never had a bad experience with Capital One so until that changes, they're great to me.

Message 7 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't like them nor do I hate them.  I am in the middle and will take advantage of whatever they have.  I rarely call their CSRs anyway.  My love will always be for only 1 CCC and that is Chase.  Took me in.. I can't forget so we are all different.

Message 8 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

I never had a capital one before , but I know it won't be my primary card. Smiley Very Happy
Message 9 of 47
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

I neither like nor hate them. That's not to say i dont have any complaints about them. But half of the village getting approved with high limits isn't a reason for me to app for any of their cc's. None of  their cc's appeal to me.

Message 10 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.