Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Chase forgiving?

tag
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Is Chase forgiving?

Hi everyone

About 6+ years ago I burnt chase for $1500 on a visa card..I also had a medical charge type of account $5000 CL closed with $0 bal, never late.  With this history, do u think I could b blacklisted.  Prequal site wont work for me due to Fraud Alert I placed on my CRs

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
GoldSorata
Established Contributor

Re: Is Chase forgiving?

They let me back in after a CO for a bit more than what you had. That was back in 2008/2009. I got a freedom card last August. I only tried because I got a prequal off their website.

Message 2 of 11
thummel
Established Contributor

Some people have been able to get in and some haven't. Only way to know if to apply really. Did you ever pay them back after you burned them? And what card do you have in mind from them? Some are definetly easier then others.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase relies heavily on their internal scores.  The only way to find out is to temporary remove the fraud alert and see if you are pre-qualifed.  If you are then that is good news. Otherwise, your option is to apply and see if they will let you in.

Others have had mixed results when it comes to Chase and burning them.  It is a YMMV thing.

Message 4 of 11
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

No i didnt repay them.  My FAs expire 7/9 so ill just wait a couple weeks before i place them on again and then hit the prequal sites. 

>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 5 of 11
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

OMG I just realized im not blacklisted !!

A few weeks ago, someone tried applying for a Chase card in my name.  The only reason I found out about this was that Chase double HPd me ( TU and EQ ).  I just realized that if i were blaclisted they most likely wouldnt have pulled my reports !!!!  Yes !!!  All I have is sucky scores atm !!  /snoopydance

Message 6 of 11
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

This question comes up at least once a week, you can find a lot of Intel using the search function. As others have pointed out Chase has a very long internal memory
Message 7 of 11
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@Meanmchine wrote:

A few weeks ago, someone tried applying for a Chase card in my name.  The only reason I found out about this was that Chase double HPd me ( TU and EQ ).  I just realized that if i were blaclisted they most likely wouldnt have pulled my reports !!!!  Yes !!!  All I have is sucky scores atm !!  /snoopydance

If someone tried to app'd for a credit card in my name the last thing I'd care about at the moment is not being blacklisted.  I'd be trying to figure out who did it and have my reports locked.  

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Loquat wrote:

@Meanmchine wrote:

If someone tried to app'd for a credit card in my name the last thing I'd care about at the moment is not being blacklisted.  I'd be trying to figure out who did it and have my reports locked.  

Yes! Please take care of that!

Also, they can forgive. I burned them in 2008 with a Chapter 13. I have two Chase cards now. 

Message 9 of 11
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Appliction was stopped.  HPs removed from CRs. Police report filed. Postal inspectors notified. Experian placed the phoney address on their Fraud address list.  CRs had all phoney addresses removed from my file All of this was done already wees ago

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.