Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is There Such A List???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is There Such A List???

Hello

Is there a list, website, app that shows creditors/lenders and the scores needed for approval???
12 REPLIES 12
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Re: Is There Such A List???

Scores are not the only data point a lender looks at for approval. An applicant can have good FICO scores but have other data points that a creditor/lender will deny approval. Other creditors may approve an applicant with a lower FICO score if other data points are favorable. 

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I doubt a list of this nature exists. If it did, I doubt it would be very accurate. 

Scores are not a reliable predictor of approvals. Many other factors come into play. 

If you’re asking because you’re curious about cards/lenders that you may be able to obtain approvals for, you could always give a glimpse into your profile (current cards, age of credit, utilization, derogatory info present, scores, etc.) and I’m sure folks will speak up with suggestions. 

Message 3 of 13
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Keep in mind credit monitoring services, such as Credit Karma, use fluffy terms such as "poor," "fair," "good," "very good," and "excellent" to get you to apply for a credit product for which they get a commission. 

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 4 of 13
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

There's a database where people list the scores they were approved with, but I'm pretty sure it's out of date. Plus, we can't link to it on here.

Message 5 of 13
RootDet
Established Contributor

Yes there is a community driven DB, but we cannot link to it from here. However, you will likely find threads here on MyFico with various datapoints you are looking for. But honestly, such DP's are quickly out of date anyways as banks constantly change and refine there approvals based on current trends. 

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed with all of the above. If you wonder about your odds, best bet is to ask here. Tell us the card, your FICO scores, account age factors, any derogatory info, and your total utilization. Many here will have experience with the card or bank and its leanings, and there’s a huge amount of knowledge here. I’d dare to say this forum will give you the most accurate prediction of your odds based on experience.
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m still working on correcting my issues. I guess I was just asking to know what was out there. I’m just cracking the 600 surface so I have a ways to go before I apply for anything. One day I would like to be approved for something more than just 300-500 😊
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

You’re in the right place to learn and you’re on the right path. I don’t know if you have it yet or not but have you tried the Discover prequal? You may get their secured card which is a great card to have. It can unsecure in as little as 7 months with proper management, and many get a nice bump in the credit line when it does. And even while secured, you get all of the cash back benefits of the regular card.

Disco also seems to like being your daily driver. They like thin profiles without a lot of competition, so with only a couple low limit cards you may stand to get a nice limit with them when the card graduates. Disco can grow to monstrous sizes if your income supports it, so it could be a real winner for you. If you haven’t applied for anything in several months, take it if it’s offered. People very rarely regret getting that card.
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually I did get a Disco secured card with a $300 limit. Here’s the nuts and bolts of where I’m at.

*dont kill me remember i was rebuilding lol lol

*Credit One - 450 limit / current balance 0
*Indigo - 300 limit / current balance 0
Cap 1 QS - 300 limit / current balance 0
Disco secured - 300 limit / current balance 35.94

After next week i have a closed cap 1 card that will be zero the balance left to pay is 400...it was 827.

I have 5 collection accounts totaling $6900. One of which will fall off in Dec ($420)

1 auto loan $17500/ current balance 7000. Was late 11 times however last late was 18 months ago.

Current income is $97,000
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.