Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this some sort of joke?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this some sort of joke?!

Guys, I’m in shock right now.

My scores are listed in my signature, not great at all. I’m a year into my rebuild. I’ve had a secured card with NFCU since last March with a 500 limit. It’s even been maxed for a few months but lately I’ve been maxing it and paying off several times a month. I have a FH Account with a 1300 limit I’ve had for a year and I just got a $300 limit card with capital one in January.

I also have 2 closed cards with Navy Federal with $8000 balances each remaining. I have SIX collection accounts and multiple charge offs. All of this is from a quick and unfortunate financial hardship 2.5 years ago.

I applied today for a Flagship CC with the goal of adding my fiancé as an AU to lower his utilization rate so we can get a little closer to buying a home. They instantly denied me. I decided to send a recon. And I just got this back:

“Thank you for your message. We are pleased to inform you that your recent credit card application has been approved. Your new Signature Flagship Visa has been issued to your address of record and should be received within approximately 7 to 10 days.. Your new credit limit is 25k. We ask that you please do not reply to this application message as this messaging service is strictly for checking the status of a submitted application.”

DOES THAT SAY TWENTY FIVE THOUSAND?!

You guys, this is an error right? Did they mean 2500? Did they send me a message meant for someone else? Should I call them to verify this?
Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42
Vu
Frequent Contributor

Re: Is this some sort of joke?!

Congratulations.  If you think the SL was a mistake, then let them find the mistake, why would you want to point them to the potential mistake?

Message 2 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

The other weird thing is I haven’t received any notifications of a HP. Normally when I apply for credit my email gets flooded with notifications.
Message 3 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My scores are listed in my signature, not great at all. I’m a year into my rebuild. I’ve had a secured card with NFCU since last March with a 500 limit. It’s even been maxed for a few months but lately I’ve been maxing it and paying off several times a month. I have a FH Account with a 1300 limit I’ve had for a year and I just got a $300 limit card with capital one in January.

I also have 2 closed cards with Navy Federal with $8000 balances each remaining. I have SIX collection accounts and multiple charge offs. All of this is from a quick and unfortunate financial hardship 2.5 years ago.

I applied today for a Flagship CC with the goal of adding my fiancé as an AU to lower his utilization rate so we can get a little closer to buying a home. They instantly denied me. I decided to send a recon. And I just got this back:

“Thank you for your message. We are pleased to inform you that your recent credit card application has been approved. Your new Signature Flagship Visa has been issued to your address of record and should be received within approximately 7 to 10 days.. Your new credit limit is 25k. We ask that you please do not reply to this application message as this messaging service is strictly for checking the status of a submitted application.”

You guys, this is an error right? Did they mean 2500? Did they send me a message meant for someone else? Should I call them to verify this?

Navy can be awesome like that, and we have seen it before.   Congrats on the great SL.  

Message 4 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

UW must be feeling very generous today lol. Congrats, that’s crazy considering why you have those two closed accounts!

Message 5 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seriously! I just sent a screenshot of the approval to my fiancé and told him I think I’m getting scammed by NFCU haha
Message 6 of 43
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I say don’t look a gift horse in the mouth! I do say log into your account. It should populate in a few hours. 

Congratulations and do the baby dance. WooHoo

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 7 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval and monster SL !!!!!!

Navy Strikes Again

Message 8 of 43
LittleSal
Frequent Contributor

Wow. Big SL!!! Congrats 🥂
Message 9 of 43
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

Question.....the two closed NFCU cards with 8000 balance....did you close them or are the in default and closed ?

Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 10 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.