Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jetblue Plus Post BK

tag
Velar_nyc19
New Contributor

Jetblue Plus Post BK

Hello Guys,

Im really interested in applying for the Jetblue plus card but Im really scared of not getting approved.
My Fico 8 scores today, Equifax 630 TU 660 Experian 675. BK discharged MAY 2019.

*Never a late payment, no collections, and 10 accounts the last one being opened last AUG 2019 all in good standing with an overall 50% UTI.

Applied last JUN for the card but was denied, they pulled both EX & TU. Of course, called recon and all they said insufficient credit history, to app again in 6 months.

Does anyone know what score do I need to get approval? I seen people here get approved with scores like mine.

Thanks ❤️

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Jetblue Plus Post BK

Isn't that card through Barclay? 

BK less than a year old 

Plus

10 new accounts in less than a year 

I see a denial, Barclay doesn't like a bunch of new accounts 

Message 2 of 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

It's actually going to be more than just the score alone for the best odds.  How many new accounts have you opened in the past 6-12 months?   How many inquiries on TU in that period?  Was Barvclays IIB?

Message 3 of 5
Velar_nyc19
New Contributor

No, it wasnt IIB.

10 inquiries on TU and 5 on EX.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is going to be hard no from Barclays. You have a handful things working against you but they are all fixable.

Bankruptcy. It has not been a year since discharge. You want to wait until this hits one year at least for Barclays.

Utilization. 50% is way too high for most lenders. Get it down to 28% or lower.

New accounts. Its hard to tell if those 10 accounts are after the BK in which case they would be under a year. You want no new accounts in the last 6 months and a very small amount in the last year. 
Score. If you do these things youe score will take care of itself.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.