Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Apps - Chase and Amex

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiple Apps - Chase and Amex

Hi All,

I've been following these forums for a bit but have never posted.  I just applied and got approved for the following two days ago:

CSP : $12,100 SL

Amex BCP : $10,000 SL

SP from Amex and chase did TU and Experian. Current Fico8:

Exp: 718

Equ: 725

TU: 713

Income: $210k 

Those should be going up significantly (> 30 points) any day now as I paid down a huge portion of my balances utilization will be ~10%. Normally I'd stop with those two since the BCP will become my everyday use card and the CSP has a great SUB. I do like the idea of also opening up something like the Amex everyday for 0% and 0 balance transfer fees. According to Amex I'm still pre approved. The only issue is I've read Chase can be sensitive regarding credit seeking after you've just opened a card with them.  These are the only two cards I've opened in the last 2 years. I have 6 inquiries (5 from mortgage in 2018 and the most recent one for CSP). 

Any thoughts?

Appreciate your input. 

Not sure if it makes a difference but I already have Amex delta gold, Amex optima, Amex green business, chase freedom, chase slate 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Multiple Apps - Chase and Amex

Chase will pull your credit again an a few weeks to see if there were some significant changes, but if you're established enough, they won't bat an eye. Couple that with the fact that the amex won't report for 2 months and I'm sure you'll be fine.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approvals!! 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approvals with nice cards! 👍

Message 4 of 5
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous  Hi and welcome to the forums

Most likely you'd be fine, but the fact you're asking tells me you already know this can go either way. 

Unless you need BT right now, why not wait a couple of months, then apply

With Amex's delayed reporting, that should be long enough to alleviate any concerns regarding CSP. 

I was SPed every two weeks for a little longer than two months after approval. 

I'm prone to credit seeking, so I imagine that was part of conditions set at approval. 

One more thing, depending on how much you're planning on transferring,  Amex only allows up to $5000.00, so you may need to move some limits around. You might be preapproved, but I really dont see them going all out with SL on ED. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.