Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just discovered I am eligible for Navy Fed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just discovered I am eligible for Navy Fed

But am concerned that I have 30 inquiries at this moment and my utilization is about 20%. I could use a good limit cc from them in my efforts to eliminate my debt but am concerned about the 2 hard pulls required and wondering if Im like to be approved. My bk was discharged 8/12.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just discovered I am eligible for Navy Fed

@Anonymous wrote:

But am concerned that I have 30 inquiries at this moment and my utilization is about 20%. I could use a good limit cc from them in my efforts to eliminate my debt but am concerned about the 2 hard pulls required and wondering if Im like to be approved. My bk was discharged 8/12.

Thanks For Sharing.Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Out of any bank or credit union you are being crazy to think twice about it... ESPECIALLY based on your sigi line and the interest rate you would likely be paying on any card you currently have that you are carrying a balance!!

1. Join - open checking and savings

2. Apply for Cash Rewards or NRewards in my opinion

3. Upon credit card approval, apply for Checking Line of Credit for the full $15k and they will counter if not approve full amount.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

Out of any bank or credit union you are being crazy to think twice about it... ESPECIALLY based on your sigi line and the interest rate you would likely be paying on any card you currently have that you are carrying a balance!!

3. Upon credit card approval, apply for Checking Line of Credit for the full $15k and they will counter if not approve full amount.

Hey CreditAddict, I'm wondering why the Checking Line of Credit is so popular on here? Is it low APR or just a nice thing to have in case of emergency? 100% cash available on the LOC? 

Message 4 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Hey CreditAddict, I'm wondering why the Checking Line of Credit is so popular on here? Is it low APR or just a nice thing to have in case of emergency? 100% cash available on the LOC? 

because navy seems to like to approve it as much as 1 credit card... it's an easy util lower reporting and if you do need it it's easy access with no cost to transfer.

I like it becuase I tend to pay bills based on how I want and the dates I want and then sometimes that takes me over in checking until a paycheck clears or something and it's no biggie because navy just transfers it over and if i make use of it for only a few days I always see navy credit back my interest!!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.