Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowe's Card Questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lowe's Card Questions

Someone said to "call the backdoor" and I would likely receive a CLI. Please explain this to me.

My first statement cut today. Can I make my first payment, then request, or do I need to wait for the next statement to cut?

I CANNOT FIND a CLI Button on their website? Do you HAVE to call?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Lowe's Card Questions

@Anonymous  IIRC Credit Online Solution 1-877-379-8173

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Backdoor-Numbers/td-p/408066

Message 2 of 6
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous your question regarding how soon you can ask was answered in your approval thread:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/Lowe-s-Card/m-p/6160663#M707163

But the answer to that is immediately after being approved.  For online requests, there is a Request Credit Increase link in the Services tab.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston I wasn't able to ask right away. They made me wait for card (to read off the security code). Then once it came, they declined the CLI. But that was me calling the regular number on card.

I wasn't aware of a backdoor.

Does it make a difference?

Message 4 of 6
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@K-in-Boston I wasn't able to ask right away. They made me wait for card (to read off the security code). Then once it came, they declined the CLI. But that was me calling the regular number on card.

@Anonymous, You may have to wait 6 months ... If you just received the card?

ETA: Welcome to the forumSmiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

The "back door number" for Credit Solutions is a different department that handles multiple Synchrony-issued cards.  They will actually do a soft pull while you are on the phone and review your account for an increase.  Calling the servicing number on the back of the card is basically no different that using the button yourself on the website; if computer says no, it's a firm no.

No wait is required for calling Credit Solutions. I called immediately after applying and was granted $17,000 (I believe my initial approval was only $6500).  Calling them is not a guarantee that you will receive a higher line, however.  Your credit profile will need to support it.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.