Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowes Home Improvement CC Application Odds

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lowes Home Improvement CC Application Odds

Hi All!  Relatively new here.  I close on my first home this upcoming Thursday (woot woot).  During 4th of July Lowes was having an amazing sale and credit offier (40% off, gift cards up to 900, etc).  I spoke with the store manager and agreed to let me take advantage of these deals after close.  Naturally, I could't do anything to screw with my credit prior.

Before I go out and try this upcoming Friday, I wanted to get some insights from those more experienced then me about my approval chances:

Experian:  723  4 - recent inquiries, all mortgage related

Transunion: 710 --> Does lowes/synchrony still primarily pull TU?  3 recent inquiries

Equifax: 658  (a new "collection" appeared on my this report over the weekend.  I have spoken with the creditor and collection agency and it is process of being removed as it does not belong to me)

Credit utilization:  5%

No late payments

No collections on experian or TU (1 on equifax due to an error that is annoying AF that they can make an error in 1 day but take up to 30 to correct)

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lowes Home Improvement CC Application Odds

Sync in general is loose when it comes to approvals.  700+ on TU and you'll be in like Flynn.  How high you can push them with a call to Credit Solutions is a different story but, call 877-379-8175 and ask them for 35K and let them counter back with what they're comfortable with.

Congrats on the mortgage!

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

Is it still better to apply in-store versus online?   I have read that in-store may be easier to get what I need as there are tangible items associated with the application.

Message 3 of 5
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Hi and welcome to the forums @Anonymous 

Synch primarily pulls TU for majority of their products, but in addition they SP EX for some. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks!

Is it still better to apply in-store versus online?   I have read that in-store may be easier to get what I need as there are tangible items associated with the application.

Can't say....  I would rather be approved and wrestle with them on the phone if need be before filling up a trolly of items to find out it's declined or not enough for what you need to spend.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.