Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowes?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lowes?

Hello all, i just closed on my home! I will be needing to do minor remodeling in my home and would like to take advantage of the Lowes card. What do yall think my odds would be

True Fico

TU 625
Ex 634
Eq 658

Utlz 1%
Aaoa 1yr 1 month

55k income

4 PAID colelction accounts (sent goodwill letters)

9 inq per CR

thanks guys for the help!!
11 REPLIES 11
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Re: Lowes?

That’s awesome! Congrats! So exciting! As for the card, I have seen people with similar profiles get it, but I don’t want to nudge you into it only for you to be denied. I believe the Home Depot card has a prequal checker. Would that card be an option for you? Good luck!!
Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tried the Home Depot pre qual but “ no offers” Funny thing is.. for the CCs i do have before applying i would try the pre qual option and would always say “no offers” then i would apply and be accepted.. Thats so odd to me

Message 3 of 12
GMCTexas
New Contributor

I can tell you if you are approved it highly likely won't be for more than $300. I had just closed on a house, scores in the mid-600s, $90k income, I was approved for $300 2yrs ago. Didn't know that you can ask for CLI online until recently. Asked for $3k, got it immediately.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info

which CR did they pull?
Message 5 of 12
JaseT
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for the info

which CR did they pull?

Synchrony likes to pull TU. The Lowe's card can grow very quickly! Mine started at $300 and a year later was at $17,000.

BK7 Filed 12/16, Discharged 3/17 *** Current Revolving CL Total $122.1k *** PIF/AZEO
6/19 FICO SCORES:
On My Radar Cards: Nothing ATM
Future Goal Cards: US Bank Cash +, Citi Double Cash, Discover It, BoA Cash Rewards, USAA Cashback Rewards Plus Amex
Message 6 of 12
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Lowes would probably grow faster than Home Depot, I believe Home Depot CLI's are hard pulls vs Lowes Soft Pulls.

Message 7 of 12
GMCTexas
New Contributor

I just looked , it was TU. As far as me asking for $3k from $300, I had been looking around here and that's when I found you can ask for CLI online. I've never asked for a CLI before in my life, I assumed they just gave it to you once they felt you earned it. So not wanting to be greedy I asked for $2k at Amazon (SL 500, Synchrony also), approved. Then Lowes I was a little more bold and asked for $3k. I also have a Walmart store card that I've never used, it was $600. Asked for $3k, approved.

Not sure how long you have to wait to reapply for CLI. I tried at Amazon already and got denied because I had an increase recently. Next time though, I'm probably going to ask for at least 3x on all cards.
Message 8 of 12
CramEiko
Established Contributor

They are definately TU score driven. Higer the TU the more it seems you can ask for. All SP's so far. YMMV

Updated Feb 2023:
Citi Double Cash: $26,300
Citi Costco: $33,800
PenFed Power Cash: $50,000
Chase Freedom Unlimited: $33,400
NFCU Cash Rewards: $29,000
BoA Unlimited Cash: $99,900
Wells Fargo Active Cash: $50,000
Citi AAdvantage Executive: $30,500
Wells Fargo Mortgage 30yr fixed 3.625%

Business Cards:
BoA Business Advantage Unlimited Cash: $8,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000
Chase Ink Business Unlimited: $75,000

RIP: EECU PLOC | BBVA PLOC | Chase SP | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | WF Propel | Cap1 QS | AMEX Gold | BoA Custom Cash | Lowes | Barclays Aviator Red
Message 9 of 12
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

i heard around here, that once you hit 740 score (Fico8) on TransUnion

Synchrony basically rolls out The Red Carpet for CLI's

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.