Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowest credit score needed for walmart & target

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lowest credit score needed for walmart & target

Hi im rebuilding my credit my current scores are:
593 TU, EX 624, EQ 574. I' ve have the following cards for 7 months: Cap1secured 400 limit + rcvd 300 CLI last month, discover secured 200 CL, total visa 300 CL, just rcvd credit one visa w/ 300 CL, .... I would like a walmart or target cc.... Has anyone been approved with similar scores?
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: Lowest credit score needed for walmart & target

650s to be on the safe side but I have seen some approved with as low as 600-620 for Wal Mart , they would pull TU . And as far as target goes , you can get approved for your scores they would pull EQ , it would be a smaller SL but I think you could get in .
Message 2 of 13
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

But Target is inquiries sensitive so keep that in mind also
Message 3 of 13
TXinandout
Frequent Contributor

I would say at least 620.

BK Discharged 06/02/2016 SCORES AROUND 475

Current scores:
EXP-667
EQ-654
TU-653
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was barely over 600 with EQ and I got a 500 sl with Target. My wife was in the low 600's and got a 500 card with Walmart. IMO the Walmart will grow a lot faster, but you do get 5% off with Target
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Search for the credit pulls database and the answer to your question will be there as you'll be able to see the scores of people that were approved and denied for the card(s) you are considering.

Message 6 of 13
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

I was around 620 when I got mine. I think your TU is a little low (both Target and WM pulled TU for me). 

What's your utilization currently? If you're over 10% you may be getting dinged a little there and paying down your balances could bring your TU up over 600. Otherwise, if you give it a few months you should be in a better spot to app for one or both.

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is target card a different bank than it was in the past? I burned them previously about 7-10 years ago.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is Walmart inquiry sensitive?

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kohls will give you a card.  I got denied by both Walmart and Target with scores like yours and nothing bad in 4 years and six figure annual income.  Really by the time you can get a card from either of them why would you want one.  

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.