Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lufthansa (Barclay?) Card Requirements

tag
Roy-Batty-6
Valued Member

Lufthansa (Barclay?) Card Requirements

I'm considering getting a Lufthansa travel card (instead of Chase Sapphire). I believe Barclay the underwriter.

My EX is 720, my TU is 742, EQ is 747 (as of today). I have )% UTL.

I have six other accounts, 2 opened in the last two years. 

My only derogs are several 30 and 60 lates back in early 2019, no lates in past 15 months.

I'm also considering an AmEx (Green or Gold) but I lost an AmEx Skymiles back in 2009 (which I have paid off).

Does it make sense to wait until I reach 750 with EX (which might happen in the next three months).

Thoughts?

Starting Score: 447 - 5/2019, FICO 9 by Wells Fargo
Current Score: 732 - 1/2022, FICO 9 by Wells Fargo
Goal Score:770

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

4/2022
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Lufthansa (Barclay?) Card Requirements

im amazed how good your scores are with such recent lates. Only thing i can say about Sir Barclays is they are a skittish lender snd id guess they might bring up those lates if you had to recon. 

Message 2 of 4
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@Roy-Batty-6 wrote:

I'm considering getting a Lufthansa travel card (instead of Chase Sapphire). I believe Barclay the underwriter.

My EX is 720, my TU is 742, EQ is 747 (as of today). I have )% UTL.

I have six other accounts, 2 opened in the last two years. 

My only derogs are several 30 and 60 lates back in early 2019, no lates in past 15 months.

I'm also considering an AmEx (Green or Gold) but I lost an AmEx Skymiles back in 2009 (which I have paid off).

Does it make sense to wait until I reach 750 with EX (which might happen in the next three months).

Thoughts?

Have you looked at Capital One Venture or even BOA Premium Rewards. I think there are plenty other travel cards that are better than this particular one and Barclays isnt a fan favorite around these parts

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 3 of 4
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

BarclayUS is a TU puller and on the surface your TU score passes their smell test.  They'd normally be OK with 2 new accounts in 2 years although you didn't list an inquiry count, and they don't like inquiries.   Those fairly recent lates will give them pause and if you call to recon (and if denied you should call) be prepared to explain to them how it happened and why there won't be a repeat.

If you paid off AMEX in full and given that it's been more than 10 years since you burned them.  720 EX is more than good enough with AMEX.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.