Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's Store Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macy's Store Card

I was in Macy's shopping and decided to apply for the store card.  I was denied for the store and the Amex card.  I will call Macy's in the AM for recon.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Macy's Store Card

Good luck! Always wanted a Macy's card but have never been able to get approved for one.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update!!!!

I called into Macy's for a recon and was told I was denied because Experian is only showing 1 Tradeline for me.  So after numerous attempts to prove to him that I have 10 Active tradelines reporting to Experian along I decided to call Experian and was told by 2 different reps from Experian that "There weren't any inquiries from Macy's on the 5th"  So I call Macy's back and requested a supervisor.  The supervisor told me that they have no control over what Experian sends over.  So the supervisor asked me if I wanted to try with another credit file.  So I said yes! and asked him to pull the Transunion file and this time I was denied because I had 5 HP in the last 6 months.  I told him I am looking at a current Transunion file that only has 3 not including the one you just pulled.  So he requested should I pull Equifax so I said what the hell, I am looking forward to what you get from them.  He said the file had absolutely NO tradelines and I was denied...again.  I continued to call back to see if I could get this resolved but to my avail.  I asked for another supervisor and the rep said there was nothing we can do and disconnected the phone.  So I am seeking some information on how to handle this situation?  Thanks in advance.  

Message 3 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

It appears as though their lending/UW department has already reconsidered your application via the 3 CRs they were able to access. Albeit, conflicting or limited data was the outcome.

Sounds like a CRA issue or something that may be preventing DSNB from accessing your full CRA profiles for all 3.

Not sure how you'd be able to overcome what they're able to systematically access versus what you can see.

Have you had any issues in the past, such as split files or incorrect CRA data displaying?
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

FinStar,

Thanks for the information and NO! this is the 1st time hearing about this.

Message 5 of 7
Lemark
Contributor

Good Luck! Was trying to convert store to AMEX but rep couldn't gurantee a SP

wellsfargoamexamexamexamexamexboaboaboa
caponechasechasewellsfargoamexchasechasechasebbyciticitidsrapplecardpncwellsfargo
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Update!!!!

I called into Macy's for a recon and was told I was denied because Experian is only showing 1 Tradeline for me.  So after numerous attempts to prove to him that I have 10 Active tradelines reporting to Experian along I decided to call Experian and was told by 2 different reps from Experian that "There weren't any inquiries from Macy's on the 5th"  So I call Macy's back and requested a supervisor.  The supervisor told me that they have no control over what Experian sends over.  So the supervisor asked me if I wanted to try with another credit file.  So I said yes! and asked him to pull the Transunion file and this time I was denied because I had 5 HP in the last 6 months.  I told him I am looking at a current Transunion file that only has 3 not including the one you just pulled.  So he requested should I pull Equifax so I said what the hell, I am looking forward to what you get from them.  He said the file had absolutely NO tradelines and I was denied...again.  I continued to call back to see if I could get this resolved but to my avail.  I asked for another supervisor and the rep said there was nothing we can do and disconnected the phone.  So I am seeking some information on how to handle this situation?  Thanks in advance.  

Sorry, it looks like you got a bunch of HPs, hahaha! Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.