Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's and Home Depot CLI Denials

tag
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Macy's and Home Depot CLI Denials

When it comes to these cards, the general consensus is to apply for CLIs at the 31 day mark, then at 61 day if denied, and only if there isn't verbage about pulling a report.

For the Home Depot card, it told me to call in at 31 days, but I didn't. The other day I tried again at 63 days, or something and it prompted me to enter my financial info. No wording about a pull, but I get an immediate notification they pulled EQ. Denied, basically because I still have the last chargeoff and too many inquiries in last 12 months.

For Macy's, its only ever told me to call in at 31 and 65 days. I also accidentally clicked the link the first day I registered the account. Never called in, but decided what the heck the other day. Denied and today I got the electronic letter and the only reason was "too many recent CLI requests with us or an affiliate". Lolwut?

I never seen that mentioned by anyone for denial so I thought I'd throw it out there in case it's a new datapoint due to the pandemic or Citi just changing their policies.

6 REPLIES 6
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Macy's and Home Depot CLI Denials

Could be due to the (3) $7500.00 CLI's on (2) Macy's cards .. 🤷

Message 2 of 7
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Shell MC CLI .. prompted a fraud alert .. due to all (3) CB's locked.

I aint given up my Bronze spade for a CLI.

(Called in and had FA resolved)

Message 3 of 7
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@M_Smart007 Has gotten all our increases!!!  

Message 4 of 7
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@cashorcharge wrote:

@M_Smart007 Has gotten all our increases!!!  

WooHooSmileyWave-vi.gifchampagne gif.gif

Message 5 of 7
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

I aint given up my Bronze spade for a CLI.

LMAO! 😂😂😂🍻

I feel your hard work! Such a huge achievement...

Message 6 of 7
ocheosa
Valued Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

When it comes to these cards, the general consensus is to apply for CLIs at the 31 day mark, then at 61 day if denied, and only if there isn't verbage about pulling a report.

For the Home Depot card, it told me to call in at 31 days, but I didn't. The other day I tried again at 63 days, or something and it prompted me to enter my financial info. No wording about a pull, but I get an immediate notification they pulled EQ. Denied, basically because I still have the last chargeoff and too many inquiries in last 12 months.

For Macy's, its only ever told me to call in at 31 and 65 days. I also accidentally clicked the link the first day I registered the account. Never called in, but decided what the heck the other day. Denied and today I got the electronic letter and the only reason was "too many recent CLI requests with us or an affiliate". Lolwut?

I never seen that mentioned by anyone for denial so I thought I'd throw it out there in case it's a new datapoint due to the pandemic or Citi just changing their policies.

Had home depot in the past, a cli with even perfect credit can be like drawing blood from a rock. I opened the acct and closed it 4 years later with the same limit $5001. 

I've also received that denial reason on blooms amex; had just gotten a cli on macys amex same day. Waited until the following month and tried again, approved. Now I stagger a few days apart with blooms first, then macys, cli train still chugging along. You might try spacing a few weeks or alternate months since you have different citi/citi-dsnb cards. Just a thought. 

[4/23] Scores 8/9: 700-800s. Util: 1%. Inq/12: EQ 0, EX 5, TU 1. AoOA=14.8y, AoYA=9m.
TCL $618K: Personal $512K, Business $106K.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.