Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merrick's double your line app

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Merrick's double your line app

A pre-approval offer from Merrick's double you line card came today. Initial offer of 550, bumped to 1100 after 7 months. 

Not sure on taking it, I have a high HP on all the CRA at the moment, the rate is high, here's an AF charged monthly and a set up fee. I'm in the process of rebuilding, but I'd like to think the cards I have are of a higher caliber (Barclay rewards, 1k, cap one quicksilver visa, 1k, chase freedom 500 and 1 secured cap one platinum 700 that CLI to 1k, all but secured are 5 mos old, secured is over a year, perfect payment history).

Does that give me any leeway on getting a better offer? My scores are low mid-600s, is it worth taking for the bump in Utilization? No phone number on the pre approved app, though. Just a website or mail in. Advice welcome!

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

Re: Merrick's double your line app

I would just stick with what you have....even go as far as closing the secured Cap1 card

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would  pass on that offert!

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

I would just stick with what you have....even go as far as closing the secured Cap1 card

I'm definitely getting to that. I'm waiting to hear back from the EO on an unsecured platinum card since they won't convert the secured to anything else. 

Im a little light on TL overall, so I'm trying to add more good to drown out the bad on my CR. 

Message 4 of 21
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

you will never full drown it out unless you get rid of it completely!

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I would  pass on that offert!

Sadly, after they double the limit, that would be my highest limit. I just can't seem to break the 1k barrier. I pay in full every month and I've never had a late payment for anything in the last 4+ years. I'm knocking myself out trying to get higher limits, hence the consideration for this beast of a card. 

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

you will never full drown it out unless you get rid of it completely!

Working on that, too. One is a CA, Portfolio Recovery that I'm fighting the reporting of as an open revolving account in collections (it's not), one is a paid, satisfied and cancelled state lien, one is an account that I was an AU on, and the last is long rehabbed school loans that are still reporting a balance and missed payments. The rest is just young credit history. 

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got one of these offers yesterday myself.

Too little too late.

Message 8 of 21
taxi818
Super Contributor

Don't worry of highest limit right now. got that offer a few months ago. straight to the schredder. get rid of it. your limits will be super before you know it. your cards onl;y 5 months old. this is not a drag race. take it easy. in another 7 months your limits will be in the thousands. keep your course. good luck.

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with those who say pass, and I have a Merrick card. But mine was an opening line of $1250, and no fees. Since you're on their radar, they will eventually send you an offer worth grabbing, Mine was the third they sent me.

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.