Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mini app spree

tag
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

Mini app spree

Applied for the chase SP and got
“We have received your request for a Chase credit card. We'll let you know our decision as soon as possible.” Called the status line and robo lady said we’ll notify you in writing in 30 days. Chase pulled EQ (682) 0 inquiries prior to chase and EX (680) 2 inquiries within the last year prior to chase. I do have a paid medical collection that apparently can’t be removed for 2 more years and one more collection that’s due to fall off next month.....I probably should have waited. I also applied for the BB&T bright and was instantly approved for a 6.5k SL with only a soft pull apparently as no HP’s are showing and I’ve not gotten any notifications from any of the credit monitoring services - but I do have a mortgage with BB&T that’s never been late and I’m thinking that’s the reason.

I’d like to know my odds with chase, I did call a back door number and the lady said the department that was handling my application is closed today (Sunday) but will open at 0800 Monday morning. Has anyone had any experience with this? I’ve seen on here where people have been approved even with a bankruptcy on here. So I’m hoping I didn’t just burn 2 HP’s for nothing.

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Mini app spree

What has caused your scores to drop (pulled 680/682) from the scores in your signature line (750/732), or is it a typo?

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 16
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

I went through a divorce and the ex wife ran everything up and cleaned out my bank accounts, it’s taken 6 years to get past a lot. I’m starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel now though.

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 3 of 16
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

It’s possible it could be an approval, given your low inquiries. However, Chase is picky. 

Good luck! Hoping it’s an approval! 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 4 of 16
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@addicted_to_credit wrote:
I went through a divorce and the ex wife ran everything up and cleaned out my bank accounts, it’s taken 6 years to get past a lot. I’m starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel now though.

But, are these drops recent? If yes, 70 pts on one CR and 50 on the other may spook Chase. But that's just my 2cents. Other posters may have different DPs to share.

Oops, meant to welcome to you to MyFICO.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 5 of 16
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

No they are actually on the rise finally, about a year and a half ago I was in the 580’s the work is paying off finally. The scores in my siggy are pre divorce. I used to hang out around here often back then and apparently I can’t change them, it’s a bad link or something to that effect.

Message 6 of 16
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Good news is, it was not auto denial. 

It could be verification or any other thing. I am not a fan of calling, last thing you need is rushing their decision or getting a really grumpy one on the phone. It's best to let the process play itself. 

Check status periodically via automated phone line, and if there are no changes in a week or two, then give them a call if no communication from them. 

I dont see Chase as being that picky as long as you dont owe them money 

Message 7 of 16
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

I don’t owe them anything, I’ve only had AU cards both in good standing. I just hate playing the waiting game. Smiley Sad

Message 8 of 16
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@addicted_to_credit wrote:
I don’t owe them anything, I’ve only had AU cards both in good standing. I just hate playing the waiting game. Smiley Sad

I hear ya Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I dont owe Chase money and they sure as heck are picky with meSmiley Wink

Op i think you can just redo your siggy line by editing your profileSmiley Wink
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.