Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mlife Credit card

tag
dunsplus
New Contributor

Mlife Credit card

i got today a letter to apply for the mlife credit card. as far as i can tell it isnt preapproved however on the invitation letter there is a access code and reservation number included.
my score is 600 not great at all so im wondering if i should even bother applying with such low score, but then again why would they send me a invitation to apply unless i had a chance.
what does everyone think should i try?
i had 3 inquiries 5 months ago but do have decent income. 80k yearly
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Mlife Credit card

Hi OP and welcome to the forums!

An invitation to apply is nothing but that, an invitation. Regardless if it has an access code, it's simply marketing. If it were an actual pre-approved offer then the chances would greatly improve based on the pre-screened criteria.
Message 2 of 4
dunsplus
New Contributor

hi and thanks.
thats what i figured i wknt apply then as i know my score isnt good enough yet. thanks for the help!
Message 3 of 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Yes don't waste an inquiry, especially since this particular card is underwritten by FNBO which typically requires a decent score and profile.

I would wait until your FICO scores improve above ~650 (or higher) for more optimal results.

If there are any particular cards or products that you are interested in, let us know so folks can provide some guidance.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.