Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Moving?

So we are moving in a few weeks to a new to us rental. Will this affect any apps I may want to try for in the next few months?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Re: Moving?

It very well could....I would use the current address and make sure that you have a forwarding order for your mail.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CountryLivin wrote:

It very well could....I would use the current address and make sure that you have a forwarding order for your mail.

That's kind of what I was thinking. I can update in August. Im just waiting for my cap one card to update my fico scores then Im going to pre-qual a few cards to see what happens.

Message 3 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

It wouldn't hurt to update the credit bureaus yourself as soon as you are moving. I'd still wait a bit to avoid issues.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 4 of 5
MrsCHX
Valued Contributor

It takes awhile to get your new address "associated" with you. If you're apping right away, use your old address. Otherwise, be sure to update your address with banks, existing CCs, etc. 

I just moved a couple months ago. 

NFCU: $25,000; PenFed Power Cash Rewards: $3,500; PenFed Gold: $2,500; Capital One: $2,300; Nordstrom Visa: $2,000; Credit One: $1,250
Amazon: 800; Kohls: $1,500
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.