Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple cards with one inquiry?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Multiple cards with one inquiry?

@Anonymous 
Thanks again for response, i listed below all my cards with credit limit and age. I paid off a car loan before, never missed any payments in history, i have a refi loan i been paying and also a vehicle i finance. My credit reports 40% utilization. i got approve for 6.99% interest rate surprisingly for the Navy fed platinum card 9 months ago, i guess from mix credit age history?

My Fico 8 on transunion show 690 no derogatory mark or late payments, to pull all 3 bureau for fico 8 which site is best to pull from? I see a $39.99 fee to pull all 3 fico scores

Discover it: 20k limit / 7yr, 2 month old account
Navy Fed Platinum (6.99)% rate : 16k credit limit / 9mo old account
(Got approved 6k requested limit increase, 2 months ago from 10k to 16k)

Citi Card Double Cash: 12k limit / 4yrs, 11mo account

Amex Blue Cash EveryDay: 11.5k limit / 5yrs, 7month old account
Chase Sapphire Preferred: $8k limit / 4yr, 7mo account
Bank of America Cash Rewards : $8k limit / 5yr, 4mo account
Capital One Platinum: $6k limit / 4yrs, 5mo account
Wells Fargo Platinum: $5k limit / 1yrs, 1mo account

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica @coldfusion @OmarGB9 
Thanks for the responses! Heart

Message 12 of 21
ccquest
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
My Fico 8 on transunion show 690 no derogatory mark or late payments, to pull all 3 bureau for fico 8 which site is best to pull from? I see a $39.99 fee to pull all 3 fico scores

Experian, use the seven day trial and pull all three, make sure to cancel before they charge you.

as of 1/1/23
Current Cards:
Message 13 of 21
sxa001
Valued Contributor

First off welcome to the forums, there are a lot of really smart folks here who can help point you in the right direction.  

Typically trying to apply for multiple cards at the same time in a short period of time is going to be frowned upon and even more so during this current economic situation.  Even if you get approved for two cards at the same time from the same lender it is possible one of the cards could be cancelled before you even get it.  

I know you didn't ask for an opinion on how to handle the debt, but I don't know that getting anymore credit cards is going to be right approach here.  If my math is correct 40% util against your current lines is about ~30k, with your scores  don't foresee you being able to get a BT card with that big of a limit so applying for more credit is only going to bring your score down lower. 

Now your score isn't terrible, if the goal is consolation you may be able to get a lower interest loan and work on the debt that way.  Getting more revolving lines doesn't seem like the best move, IMHO.  

Message 14 of 21
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

When I applied for my 2 Chase cards on the same day last year, they only did a HP for the first card (but it pulled 2 different CRAs). The second card was a "freebie".

That said, I don't recommend applying for 2 Chase cards in the same day. 90 days is the minimum amount of time you should wait between chase apps, to reduce your chances of getting red-flagged.

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sxa001 

Ok that makes sense, a consolidation loan should be best option for start, I might get a better chance with lower interest rate than other loan companies since I finally got to join the Navy

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @ccquest @coreysw12 

Appreciate it!

Message 17 of 21
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@coreysw12 wrote:

When I applied for my 2 Chase cards on the same day last year, they only did a HP for the first card (but it pulled 2 different CRAs). The second card was a "freebie".

That said, I don't recommend applying for 2 Chase cards in the same day. 90 days is the minimum amount of time you should wait between chase apps, to reduce your chances of getting red-flagged.

Chase still has not completely closed the loophole allowing an applicant to apply and be approved for 2 cards on the same day but they have tightened up considerably on reviewing approvals after the fact and current policy is to close the 2nd card, usually 3-4 weeks after the initial approvals.  So yes, applying for multiple Chase cards on the same day is definitely not recommended.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 18 of 21
coreysw12
Valued Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

@coreysw12 wrote:

Chase still has not completely closed the loophole allowing an applicant to apply and be approved for 2 cards on the same day but they have tightened up considerably on reviewing approvals after the fact and current policy is to close the 2nd card, usually 3-4 weeks after the initial approvals.  So yes, applying for multiple Chase cards on the same day is definitely not recommended.

Indeed, and not going to lie, I lost a LOT of sleep during those 3-4 weeks after the approvals Smiley Sad

The only reason I applied for both on the same day was because I didn't know about the risks at the time. If I knew then what I know now, I never would've submitted that second app. In hindsight, I'm glad I did and I got lucky, but if I had to do it all over I wouldn't take the same risk again.

Total Loan Balance: $43k / $65k

Total SL: $78k

United 1K - 725,000 lifetime flight miles    |    Chase Status: 4/24
Message 19 of 21
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Depending on at what point last year you had applied there wouldn't have been much of a concern especially if it were early in the year and your double-dip didn't involve any Sapphire cards.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.