cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Amex 61 days is tomorrow...cli attempt and should I app for new Amex card?

tag
IodineNightSky
Regular Contributor

My Amex 61 days is tomorrow...cli attempt and should I app for new Amex card?

Ran about 5-6k through my 1k limit card over the past two months always PIF as soon as I could. Hoping for the 3xs tomorrow on my gold delta card.

Also, I’m interested in trying to get a second Amex card. Should I apply for it tomorrow? Will it be on the same pull or will I get hit twice?

If I app for a new Amex card tomorrow any thoughts on what I should app for? My ficos are only mid 650s. Lots of old resolved baddies but only good history for past 2.5 years or so. High income. I guess I want a card that I have an actual chance for with my lowish scores. I prefer the highest possible limit to any particular rewards...

Thoughts?
Current FICO 8s:
EQ: 712 - TU: 719 - EX: 707
Mortgage Ficos: EQ5: 708 - TU4: 729 - EX2: 700
Current Middle Mortgage Score: 708
Goal Scores: 740+

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My Amex 61 days is tomorrow...cli attempt and should I app for new Amex card?

Your CLI attempt will be a SP.  An additional card will likely be a soft pull also.  Wishing you luck!

Message 2 of 12
kmorr2586
Regular Contributor

Re: My Amex 61 days is tomorrow...cli attempt and should I app for new Amex card?

Login to your account and see if you’re pre qualified for anything. I was approved for the Gold card yesterday with a 660.
Message 3 of 12
IodineNightSky
Regular Contributor

When you say gold card are you talking about the charge card rather than a credit card?
Current FICO 8s:

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck on the CLI. From what I’ve heard the $1000 limit on the co-branded cards is much harder to get a CLI on 61 days. It’s usually the 6-12 month period for those limits. ( I tried at 61 on mine and that’s what I was told by Amex)
Message 5 of 12
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Looking forward to your results

Message 6 of 12
IodineNightSky
Regular Contributor

Yea I’ve read that the 1k SL cards aren’t necessarily on the same 61 day 3xs track but I’m optimistic by nature. If they like a lot of spend on the card that’ll be a plus for me. Plus I even did a couple of purchases on their sponsored deals. But, again, my scores are low so I wouldn’t at all be surprised if I get the nope.

I’ll update tomorrow as soon as I know.

Current FICO 8s:

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

crossing my fingers for you.....good luck!

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Current Amex customers only go through a soft pull for CLI and new cards.

Also, keep in mind, Amex only allows 1 CLI across all accounts every 6 months.

Message 9 of 12
IodineNightSky
Regular Contributor

7-10 day msg booooo!
Guess I won’t apply for a second card w them just yet lol.
Current FICO 8s:

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.